Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    And did not realise I had to book my gown and photography 21 days before the ceremony. Anyone who graduated MMU can I;
    a) Get a gown on the day...and where from?
    b) Get photos on the day?

any help appreciated
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I can't help. But congratulations !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    Sorry, I can't help. But congratulations !!!
    thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I had a look on your uni website and as far as I can tell, you can get your photos on the day, but you can't hire your gown on the day. You might have to contact Ede and Ravenscroft to see if you can buy one immediately, because you can't graduate without the academic dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoingToBurst)
    I had a look on your uni website and as far as I can tell, you can get your photos on the day, but you can't hire your gown on the day. You might have to contact Ede and Ravenscroft to see if you can buy one immediately, because you can't graduate without the academic dress.
    Hi going to burst .
    It actually turns out you can if needed book photos and hire a gown on the day. I turned
    up at 8am today to make sure i got a gown.
    Booked photos and then buzzed around getting my haircut... and buying a new suit (i'm not the best organised) lol was good fun.
    Gown hire was £55 photo package was £57 although i think thats very expensive for basic plus family..
    Congrats to everyone who graduated and to those who havent...dont worry im 31 and if i can do it working nights with 2 kids a wife and life.... anyone can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Air_wolf)
    Hi going to burst .
    It actually turns out you can if needed book photos and hire a gown on the day. I turned
    Booked photos and then buzzed around getting my haircut... and buying a new suit (i'm not the best organised) lol was good fun.
    Gown hire was £55 photo package was £57 although i think thats very expensive for basic plus family..
    Congrats to everyone who graduated and to those who havent...dont worry im 31 and if i can do it working nights with 2 kids a wife and life.... anyone can
    congratulations. Your success should be more celebrated

ReputationRep:
    Hi going to burst .
    I admire you so much! Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi going to burst .
    Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    congrats xx
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    With regards to Ede & Ravenscroft, you can purchase a gown to hire at your venue before the ceremony begins. You'd have to pay a little more but you need one to graduate
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Hi going to burst .
    Let's hope you don't put that on your CV and buck up your ideas Mr!

Congratulations on graduating!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.