Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/graph...naldtrumpswall

thought i'd share this as i found it rather amusing)

I did like what the ex-leader of Mexico said about it though; 'I'm not going to pay for that ****ing wll!' and [i forget where i heard this one but something along the lines of Mexico will be happy to build this wall albeit on the pre-war boarders :rolleyes:
    DONALD TRUMP is a man of ideas. Although critics have lambasted him for flip-flopping on some policies (he now proposes to ban immigrants from "terrorist nations" rather than all Muslims), Mr Trump has stood firm on at least one proposal: his wall. A new report from Bernstein Research looks at the economics of the wall's construction.The border between the United States and Mexico stretches 1,989 miles (3,200km), but the wall itself needn’t be as long thanks to the preponderance of natural borders such as the Rio Grande. Assuming a length of 1,000 miles and a height of 40 feet (12 metres), Bernstein reckon that the wall would require $711m worth of concrete and $240m worth of cement. Including labour, the total cost of between $15 billion and $25 billion is a bit more than Mr Trump's suggested $10 billion. (Bernstein’s estimates presumably do not factor in Mr Trump’s construction expertise.)As it is not economically feasible to transport cement and concrete across great distances, the biggest business beneficiaries will likely be within 200 miles of the border. America has many more factories and quarries than Mexico, yet Mr Trump is adamant that the wall will be built with Mexican money. Cemex, a Mexican firm with around half the quarries close to the border, is likely to profit. At least some will benefit from the wall’s construction.

ReputationRep:
    Israel has a wall, actually it has many... where are Hillary Clinton and the Jewish Leftists condemning them for racism for their strong borders and anti-immigration attitudes? nowhere to be seen.. Attachment 565078

Israel's main borders and walls

- Jerusalem: During the 1950s and 1960s a fortified barrier separated Jordanian and Israeli-controlled sectors of the city. More recently, the West Bank barrier separates some Arab parts of greater Jerusalem form the city proper.

- Lebanon and Syria: Israel's borders with Lebanon and Syria have sophisticated security barriers. The barrier on the Golan Heights follows the border shaped by battles of the Yom Kippur War, but handed Kuneitra back to Syria.

- Egypt: Barrier proposed in 2005 and completed in 2013 to block smugglers, terrorists and illegal migrants.

- Jordan: This peaceful border is secured with a barrier designed to prevent the illegal movement of people in either direction.

The Israel–Gaza barrier follows the 1949 Armistice lines.

Borders are anti-immigration is racism, fascism, but only applies to White populations.. not these people

ReputationRep:
    Build the wall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdoIfHitler)
    Israel has a wall, actually it has many... where are Hillary Clinton and the Jewish Leftists condemning them for racism for their strong borders and anti-immigration attitudes? nowhere to be seen.. Attachment 565078
    Lotsof Jews in america who control a very large amount of funding/votes/media ergo pissing them off would be very bad for politics. Or as some would say the US is run by a ZOG :rolleyes:
    Israel's main borders and walls

- Jerusalem: During the 1950s and 1960s a fortified barrier separated Jordanian and Israeli-controlled sectors of the city. More recently, the West Bank barrier separates some Arab parts of greater Jerusalem form the city proper.

- Lebanon and Syria: Israel's borders with Lebanon and Syria have sophisticated security barriers. The barrier on the Golan Heights follows the border shaped by battles of the Yom Kippur War, but handed Kuneitra back to Syria.
    by no stretch are they sophisticated :L a barrier almost by definition is a simple blunt object. They might well have high level security etc. but then thats to be expected given their history.
    Asfor the Syrian and gollan Heights thats somewhat different as technically speaking there is no boarder since Israel dont recognise the internationally agreed one and are squatting.
    - Egypt: Barrier proposed in 2005 and completed in 2013 to block smugglers, terrorists and illegal migrants.

- Jordan: This peaceful border is secured with a barrier designed to prevent the illegal movement of people in either direction.

The Israel–Gaza barrier follows the 1949 Armistice lines.

Borders are anti-immigration is racism, fascism, but only applies to White populations.. not these people
    I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here as you seem to be comparing severaldifferent kinds of project i.e. a perfectly normalboarder for Jordan a helpful one with Egypt [who doesnt want to stop those activities?] and the Israeli one which in fairness will be little different from Trumps great wall of bull ****.

your last remark im afraid i dont understand? boarders are nothing more than demarkation lines though, if peoplewish to 'fortify' them [for lack of better word] then thats a different matter but take Europe they all have boarders but equally free movement between them. And what on erth are you talking about racism for? few boarders even seperate different races, people yes but not races [in the geographical sense i.e. not counting flying or sailing]
    lastly, whats this crap about only white people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Build the wall
    Oh god. You again?
    Seriously? The wall is a symbol of hate. It's sad.

ReputationRep:
    Political discussions, especially on this website, turn nasty very, very quickly. Can we just focus on something else, like helping each other to study for exams, so we can ultimately improve our lives? Rhetorical btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Oh god. You again?
    Seriously? The wall is a symbol of hate. It's sad.
    I'm pretty sure the wall is a border.
    There already is a wall across part of the border.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.