Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you find this weird? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A girl I am friends with on Facebook made a post about how she is doing some kind of walk to raise money for charity as her grandmother was diagnosed with Dementia.

I don't know her that well, but she was in the year below at my school many years ago.

In her post she mentioned how people could join her on the walk, they just had to inbox her. If I messaged her asking if I could join, do you think she would find it weird? It's the fact I don't know her well and that she went to the same school as me six years ago which makes me doubt whether or not I should do it.

I just wanted to show support, I have no intention of trying to impress her or getting her to like me in case you're wondering. I just want to do something spontaneous and kind hearted for a change that might put a smile on someone else's face!

ReputationRep:
    Do it. I'm sure she's find such a message very serendipitous!

ReputationRep:
    Do it, she'll find it sweet that you've shown you care, being nice is good.

ReputationRep:
    Not weird at all, she'd probably be touched.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like I should do it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.