Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    And anyone that doesn't see this cant think logically.

ReputationRep:
    Not the best topic to discuss, but yeah I see where you're coming from.

ReputationRep:
    You could've articulated your argument a bit better but yes, it is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Not the best topic to discuss, but yeah I see where you're coming from.
    Why isnt it the best?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pillock)
    Why isnt it the best?
    I believe it's something based on individual opinion, so not really something that could enlarge to a big discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    I believe it's something based on individual opinion, so not really something that could enlarge to a big discussion.
    There's a lot of academic literature on the topic actually.

A LOT.

It confused my mind for about 2years.

ReputationRep:
    If it's possible there are mentally sound people who think today's terror attack in France was anything less than evil, I am afraid I do want to live on this planet anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plsnoban ^_^)
    So it's all good if I send my Somalian brothers and *cough Muslim refugees* to rape your family members right? Be a true bro, support the cause. :dry:
    When did I say it would be all good. All I said was that whats evil is just an opinion.

Does rationality upset you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1010marina)
    If it's possible there are mentally sound people who think today's terror attack in France was anything less than evil, I am afraid I do want to live on this planet anymore.
    There will actually be some mentally sound people that wont find it evil. And there is nothing you can do to change their mind. They'll be in the minority though so thats a bright side.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I am very rational.

My Muslim brothers and I would just like to partake in some jovial taharrush because rationally ≈9/10 people enjoy gang rape and we should work for maximum pleasure. :2euk48l:
    Shut up you cretin.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no OP needs to stay in safe space. Maybe we can find a baby pool for you since you can't cope with the internet.

Attachment 565072
    God I would love to shoot you.

ReputationRep:
    Allah's gonna come and beat your ass ***** ayy lmao.

In the meantime you can get target practice by blowing out your genitals. We don't want you reproducing.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    **** you so annoying. Please chop your head off.

ReputationRep:
    As Shakespeare once wrote in Hamlet:

"Nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pillock)
    There will actually be some mentally sound people that wont find it evil. And there is nothing you can do to change their mind. They'll be in the minority though so thats a bright side.
    I refuse to see how anyone with rational thought can support a beheading.

Terror with bombs or guns or even the lorry - you'll probably never see the face of your victims up close. The beheadings are different. They're up close and personal and it's really sick. Must take a special kind of nutjob

ReputationRep:
    Technically, this is true because different societies can have different concepts of good and evil.

But practically speaking, moral relativism is a terrible idea as social policy. Laws need to affirm a particular form of morality consistently. It doesn't matter which form, really, but it can't just allow different people to live under different laws within a single society. That leads to all kinds of problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1010marina)
    I refuse to see how anyone with rational thought can support a beheading.
    The majority of people would support/be happy about the beheading of at least a some people.

Terror with bombs or guns or even the lorry - you'll probably never see the face of your victims up close. The beheadings are different. They're up close and personal and it's really sick. Must take a special kind of nutjob
    These people that carry this out see the person they are attacking as evil/not worthy. Its easy to do when you think like that. Hatred is the emotion that leads to killing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pilock)
    The majority of people would support/be happy about the beheading of at least a some people.

These people that carry this out see the person they are attacking as evil/not worthy. Its easy to do when you think like that. Hatred is the emotion that leads to killing.
    Still think you have to be a complete nutjob to go through with something like that... Even if I was starving I think I'd struggle killing an animal, nevermind a human with friends and family...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.