The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

LLB graduate student accomodation

Hi guys, I am starting the LLB graduate program in september. I am from Canada and 22 years old. I am looking to apply for accommodation but I'm wondering what's the best option for me -- I'm worried about being surrounded by 18 year old freshmen who are partying lots. While I love to go out, I do not want to be surrounded by it constantly. What's the best on campus option for me? And would you guys recommend off campus options instead?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I'd say go for Victoria Hall or Jarratt Hall. I'm not sure how the application process is for international students but for home students Victoria Hall and Jarratt Hall are under the freshers guarantee so you can just put them high up on your preferences.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Hey there, I'm in a very similar situation haha...will be starting the llb for grads program and coming over from Canada. I'm 24, so I'm probably even more concerned about getting placed with the freshmen.

Based off the research I did online, I applied for 1. Jarratt Hall Large 2. Jarratt Hall 3. Selly Oak Court 4. Victoria Hall 5. Mason. I was particularly looking for ensuite and self catered. There was also an option to be placed in a "quieter environment", which I HOPE means not getting placed with the 18 year olds lol.
If you want shared accommodation, go for Jaratt Hall. The pritchatts Studios are great for living alone. Add you considered a postgrad student? If so, you'll only be placed with other postgrads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DeLaSoul3000
Hey there, I'm in a very similar situation haha...will be starting the llb for grads program and coming over from Canada. I'm 24, so I'm probably even more concerned about getting placed with the freshmen.

Based off the research I did online, I applied for 1. Jarratt Hall Large 2. Jarratt Hall 3. Selly Oak Court 4. Victoria Hall 5. Mason. I was particularly looking for ensuite and self catered. There was also an option to be placed in a "quieter environment", which I HOPE means not getting placed with the 18 year olds lol.

I'm also potentially doing the LLB for graduates programme. I am still waiting to hear from Bristol but I figured that I need to get moving on figuring out accommodation for Birmingham just in case.

Have you seen any comparisons of rooms by size? After not being with 18 year olds, my second biggest concern is the amount of living space as I'll be downsizing from living in my own 1 bedroom flat.

Are we supposed to select undergraduate or postgraduate when applying?
Reply 5
Hi, I should be on the LLB programme in September alongside you, should results come through as expected.
I chose to live off campus at the Old Fire Station, which is closer to Aston than it is to the Uni of Birmingham.
It's slightly more expensive, but I think being in the central city for me is preferable to being on the campus because I'm quite a reclusive person and already know that I don't want to partake in University club culture.
Have a look:
http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/location/birmingham/old-fire-station/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending