Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not smart enough to get As so I'm not really aiming that high, so like Bs and Cs

Tbh I can pretty much JUST past all my GCSEs in September but I want to try and give off my best

The reason why I thought of revising at the start of September for GCSEs because I don't want to regret later on weeks before GCSEs in 2017.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Starting revision in September could be a gain or a loss, as you may revise now but then forget stuff later. When are your mocks, because if you revise for your mocks like GCSEs and then carry on afterwards up to your GCSEs. You could start making your notes and flashcards in September, so they're ready for possibly December maybe. But starting early, means you could get top grades

ReputationRep:
    No harm in getting yourself into a good routine, like doing half hour of flash cards after school each day or something even if you forget some of it, you will find it easier to re-learn because you've seen the content before

ReputationRep:
    I would not advice revision so early on! You will most likely not remember most of the content. I would advice producing the most informative and concise notes possible. (spider diagrams, revision cards etc.). I have mocks early this academic year so I will start light revision- nothing too major.

ReputationRep:
    I have another mock in around Late Nov-Dec.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tracey_km)
    I have another mock in around Late Nov-Dec.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would recommend doing little and often, increasingly more until the exams. Try to make notes on the stuff that you didn't quite get in class, and just start building up notes in general. It'll save from doing that near revision time! You can use the same materials for the actual exams! If you're behind in any subjects, take this time to catch up, because when you go back, you'll be starting the Year 11 work, and you won't be looking back at the Year 9/10 work until you start having revision lessons. Of course, don't overwork yourself, and don't get too stressed. [like me XD]

ReputationRep:
    I'm not smart enough to get As so I'm not really aiming that high, so like Bs and Cs

Tbh I can pretty much JUST past all my GCSEs in September but I want to try and give off my best

The reason why I thought of revising at the start of September for GCSEs because I don't want to regret later on weeks before GCSEs in 2017.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes you are. If you accept that you are not smart enough, you wont be. I'm in the same position as you, I'm in Y11 after seven weeks, but I'm producing my notes now. Start your notes now, this will reduce exam pressure and will save time.
    PS:
    You can do anything you want if you are willing to sacrifice your time and energy into it. Honestly, you have to think positve and don't let anyone tell you what you are. You're the only person who can be you and whatever cynics say, ***k them.
    I was considered as unintelligent. But I realised that an important quality to have is that hope which fuels your motivation, which is the basic foundation of success.
    I have a plan which may be useful for you:

7 WEEK holiday:
    ----------------------
    2 weeks - Complete all triple science notes
    1 week - Complete all maths notes + Computing
    1 week- Complete all English lit/lang notes + Sociology

3 weeks: Create a timetable of revision and do so. In the end of the week do a mock exam. (Divide Triple Science into these three weeks. So do core in week one, double science in week 2 and triple science in week three.)

The main goal is to do your notes properly and in the end, before revising, to check to see if your notes are accurate.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do NOT start in September, you will burn out and lose all motivation before your real exams! At the beginning of yr 11, you should focus on coursework as it can really help you if you already have a good grade before walking into the exam. If you really want to start in september, just slowly make resources like revision cards or learn some vocab for languages. You should only really start intense revision just before easter.
    Best of luck!

I know this is a bit early but the best advice I have is around april/beginning of may do LOTS of past papers for your subjects, especially for science and maths in which they regurgitate the questions, just in a different format.

ReputationRep:
    Start revising from the new year and go at a good pace, otherwise start March/April....starting from May would kill you...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.