Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Hi! I need some help with my decision..sorry for the long post first of all.. I currently have 2 part time jobs and both offered me full time, but as different positions-company A assistant, company B coordinator.

    I have been working for company A for half a year and for the last 2 months I received another part time job at company B.They are both good companies, but both in different fields -company A is smaller and works more on local projects while B is slightly bigger and works with national projects. I got to work part time with company B after company A had a project with them and they were impressed with my work. As soon as I told company A that B wanted me to work part time for them they offered full time and when I told B about that they also offered full time (but they discussed to offer me a full time from the beggining, while A just offered in the moment I told that B got me part time).

    In order to get things more interesting I decided to go full time with B and when I told A they called B and complained that the job was not advertised and they don't agree with me to go in there. In there they reached someone who has no knowledge about the fact that B offered me full time and told them that there is no full time position for me (but I know B are dettermined to get me on board).

    Are there any risks in taking the job at company B-legally speaking ?I worked in there and I know the environment, I don't have much experience in their field, but I didn't had any in the field of company A when I started working there. But the job I will be doing is applicable in any industry. There are things that I am not happy about at both jobs,but are minor things and are not worth mentioning.

    I do respect both companies but to work for company B will give my work a different exposure. I appreciate all the things I learnt at company A and the people in there and the work experience but to go with B will be a different experience. In the industry of company A I will be able to enter quite easily I would say,but with B is quite an exclusive thing.. I know is not fair to get the job without actually applying for it but I don't want to leave A and burn the bridges.. What do you guys think? Should I stay with A? I just graduated so I only have almost 2 years of proper experience...but company B knows this and are ready to 'risk' with me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Go where you think will be best for your career (which sound like company B). Explain to the other place why you're doing it if asked, serve your notice and leave on a good note. Don't worry about the legalities of it. If you have a contract and have signed it then go for it.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Go where you think will be best for your career (which sound like company B). Explain to the other place why you're doing it if asked, serve your notice and leave on a good note. Don't worry about the legalities of it. If you have a contract and have signed it then go for it.
    Thank you! I am still thinking to go with A as I know I am doing great in there and there are lots of things to do-and in the next year they for sure won't kick me out. On the other hand if I will succeed with B I will have a great start for my next position, eve if I will have just another 3months with them ( in case I fail and they will kick me off).. I'm so confused now..
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cristina_teo)
    Hi! I need some help with my decision..sorry for the long post first of all.. I currently have 2 part time jobs and both offered me full time, but as different positions-company A assistant, company B coordinator.I have been working for company A for half a year and for the last 2 months I received another part time job at company B.They are both good companies, but both in different fields -company A is smaller and works more on local projects while B is slightly bigger and works with national projects. I got to work part time with company B after company A had a project with them and they were impressed with my work. As soon as I told company A that B wanted me to work part time for them they offered full time and when I told B about that they also offered full time (but they discussed to offer me a full time from the beggining, while A just offered in the moment I told that B got me part time). In order to get things more interesting I decided to go full time with B and when I told A they called B and complained that the job was not advertised and they don't agree with me to go in there. In there they reached someone who has no knowledge about the fact that B offered me full time and told them that there is no full time position for me (but I know B are dettermined to get me on board). Are there any risks in taking the job at company B-legally speaking ?I worked in there and I know the environment, I don't have much experience in their field, but I didn't had any in the field of company A when I started working there. But the job I will be doing is applicable in any industry. There are things that I am not happy about at both jobs,but are minor things and are not worth mentioning. I do respect both companies but to work for company B will give my work a different exposure. I appreciate all the things I learnt at company A and the people in there and the work experience but to go with B will be a different experience. In the industry of company A I will be able to enter quite easily I would say,but with B is quite an exclusive thing.. I know is not fair to get the job without actually applying for it but I don't want to leave A and burn the bridges.. What do you guys think? Should I stay with A? I just graduated so I only have almost 2 years of proper experience...but company B knows this and are ready to 'risk' with me.
    Go to the company that will teach you to write in paragraphs ffs
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightmare Abyss)
    Go to the company that will teach you to write in paragraphs ffs
    This is why I love the internet .

    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightmare Abyss)
    Go to the company that will teach you to write in paragraphs ffs
    This. 100% This.

    P.s. if company B offered you a role then said they never had one when company A complained about it, why on earth are they still in the mix? Rhetorical question of course, I don't want to read more.
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

    Quick Link:

    Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.