Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Due to some personal problems I have failed some ( 4 modules) in my 2nd year at the University and I was wondering what will it happen if I will fail the resits as well? Will I have to repeat the year? Or I can proceed to the next level of education and be able to take the modules that I failed along with the 3rd year modules?

Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You'll probably have to retake the year but your handbook and/or course director are the best places for info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    You'll probably have to retake the year but your handbook and/or course director are the best places for info.
    Isn't this ********? Why would I waste one year for just 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 modules instead of letting student go through the next level of education and take along the modules that they failed.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Sorry I don't make the rules and they may be different from what I suspect. I've told you how to find out what the rules are. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Sorry I don't make the rules and they may be different from what I suspect. I've told you how to find out what the rules are. Good luck!
    I know you don't make the rules, I just asked you a further question because I saw that you are an important member of this community.

Thank you for your time!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    All students have the right to a supplementary assessment, but for this to be done during the Summer you must pass at LEAST 60/120 credits.

A student who fails more than 60 credits must repeat the modules with attendance. Attendance is not required for any credits passed.

Following supplementary assessment, a student who has failed to pass only 20 credits will be allowed to undergo 'referral'. This is the process of progressing to the next year and resitting the failed credits without attendance.

Following your supplementary assessment, if you have failed to pass more than 20 credits then you will be allowed a third and final attempt (the original attempt was attempt 1). This will only be granted if you have passed 80 or more credits. This will be undertaken with attendance during the next academic year.

I think the University give you more than enough chance to avoid resits with attendance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeBMS)
    All students have the right to a supplementary assessment, but for this to be done during the Summer you must pass at LEAST 60/120 credits.

A student who fails more than 60 credits must repeat the modules with attendance. Attendance is not required for any credits passed.

Following supplementary assessment, a student who has failed to pass only 20 credits will be allowed to undergo 'referral'. This is the process of progressing to the next year and resitting the failed credits without attendance.

Following your supplementary assessment, if you have failed to pass more than 20 credits then you will be allowed a third and final attempt (the original attempt was attempt 1). This will only be granted if you have passed 80 or more credits. This will be undertaken with attendance during the next academic year.

I think the University give you more than enough chance to avoid resits with attendance.
    If will be given the 3rd attempt, will I be allowed to proceed through the next academic level?

ReputationRep:
    Most you can fail progress into next year is 1/2 modules. You have failed 4. Why would they let you onto 3rd year when you cant pass this years modules?

Just repeat the year. It you fail resits then you get kicked out for good.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.