Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone know if there opportunities for year/semester abroad for undergrads? I'm asking mostly about Biology but if there is a possibility for all undergrads to take a year abroad?

Thanks! 😊*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SunRiseAtDawn)
    Hi does anyone know if there opportunities for year/semester abroad for undergrads? I'm asking mostly about Biology but if there is a possibility for all undergrads to take a year abroad?

Thanks! 😊*
    Yes you can study abroad. Biology students at Nottingham can go to:

Australia
    Canada
    China
    Ireland
    Japan
    Mexico
    New Zealand
    Singapore
    South Africa
    South Korea
    Sweden
    USA

See here: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/aglobal...fesciences.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunRiseAtDawn)

Thanks! 😊*
    As the above said, yes there are opportunities to study abroad. For biology it looks like you apply in your first year for your second year. There will most likely be a notice about it or an email where you'll have to go and speak to someone in the department who organises the exchange programs. Also the university puts on regular information events (usually held in the portland building) about opportunities for spending time abroad, so they're worth going to.

The places can be quite competitive and you have to be getting good marks. But I've heard that they are a fantastic experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Yes you can study abroad. Biology students at Nottingham can go to:

Australia
    Canada
    China
    Ireland
    Japan
    Mexico
    New Zealand
    Singapore
    South Africa
    South Korea
    Sweden
    USA

See here: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/aglobal...fesciences.pdf
    (Original post by AlesanaWill)
    As the above said, yes there are opportunities to study abroad. For biology it looks like you apply in your first year for your second year. There will most likely be a notice about it or an email where you'll have to go and speak to someone in the department who organises the exchange programs. Also the university puts on regular information events (usually held in the portland building) about opportunities for spending time abroad, so they're worth going to.

The places can be quite competitive and you have to be getting good marks. But I've heard that they are a fantastic experience.
    Thanks guys, that's such great news!*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.