Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've just finished a year long course of Computer Science Level 2 - However I didn't get my maths GCSE either and this means I will have to do another level 2 course however there is none at my local colleges that I want to do.
    Honestly, I hated my first year of college and now I'm 17 and I'm supposed to stay in education until I'm 18, what can I do? Not go and find some full time work with my Level 2 qualification? Really stressed and need help!

    Definitely re-take maths, its so important to get a C as nearly all employers will want it.Have you thought about apprenticeships?

    I would suggest you look into the apprentice route. There are lots around in IT/computing if that's what you're interested in as well as other fields.
    This is classed as education, will give you good qualifications as they will more than likely pay fo you to do your math.

    My boyfriends sister did an apprenticeship and they had her do math and English alongside they qualification. Pretty sure it's one day a week or evening study, it's not heavy either it's very easy compared to school style training
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.