Turn on thread page Beta

I'm on the verge of tears.

ReputationRep:
    Call the NHS helpline.
    It's 111.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't eaten a lot of beetroots recently then yeah, go to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What colour is it? If it's black like coffee grounds this is could be indicative of bleeding up in the GI tract and you would need to see a doctor immediately. If it's fresh and bright red that's not as concerning but book an appointment with your GP or call NHS 111.

ReputationRep:
    Get an emergency appointment with your doctor it could be an early indication of recital cancer (I don't mean to scare you) but it could also be nothing hope your ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    What colour is it? If it's black like coffee grounds this is could be indicative of bleeding up in the GI tract and you would need to see a doctor immediately. If it's fresh and bright red that's not as concerning but book an appointment with your GP or call NHS 111.
    It was bright red

ReputationRep:
    Was it in your stool or on the paper?

ReputationRep:
    It was bright red
    That's less concerning, but I would book an appointment with your GP soon just in case. I've had blood in my poop before and I haven't seen my gp about it and I'm still fine, it went away on its own.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a male or female ? Also call the doctors and tell you parents ASAP.

(Original post by CIEBioloysifh)
    Was it in your stool or on the paper?
    It was in my stool

(Original post by nisha.sri)
    Are you a male or female ? Also call the doctors and tell you parents ASAP.
    Female.. I'm going to the GP tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    It was in my stool
    It could be piles, that is probably the most common cause. Get it checked out, that's the safest bet.

ReputationRep:
    Female.. I'm going to the GP tomorrow morning
    Are you on your period ? Maybe it's very strong ? But yes do go Hope your better. Did you tell your parents

It was bright red
    I've had this and it turned out to be*Haemorrhoids caused by*constipation. Definitely see your GP asap incase it's anything more serious though.

(Original post by nisha.sri)
    Are you on your period ? Maybe it's very strong ? But yes do go Hope your better. Did you tell your parents
    Yes ...
    I think it's Haemorrhoids because I usually sit down for a prolonged time. Thanks

Yes ...
    I think it's Haemorrhoids because I usually sit down for a prolonged time. Thanks
    Sounds about right.

That's the problem I have, having IBS - blood in my stool is such a common thing that if I developed a more... serious condition, I probably wouldn't even notice.

It could simply be an anal tear which could be caused by constipation and large passings of stool, it happened to me once and it stopped after a few days after it healed.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't particularly correct. Colour of the blood does not indicate urgency of the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etomidate)
    This isn't particularly correct. Colour of the blood does not indicate urgency of the problem.
    Well, I never claimed to be a medical professional on here but thats what the NHS 111 told me. If you know different please elaborate for the benefit of all

ReputationRep:
    Well, I never claimed to be a medical professional on here but thats what the NHS 111 told me. If you know different please elaborate for the benefit of all
    Large volumes are concerning regardless of colour. Feeling systemically unwell is concerning regardless of colour.

If you're having abdominal pain, fever and profuse amounts of fresh red blood, I wouldn't be reassured by the fact that it's bright red.

Bit of common sense is required. Unfortunately this is something that NHS Direct lacks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.