Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Due to my health and I was thinking of getting back to uni,but i do have a fear again: Failing again. If i decide to study again, with the help of a tutor. Can i pass a degree with flying colours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javiergabriel)
    Due to my health and I was thinking of getting back to uni,but i do have a fear again: Failing again. If i decide to study again, with the help of a tutor. Can i pass a degree with flying colours?
    Probably more people than you think use tutors to help them with their degree, they just don't say it for fear of looking stupid. Do you have enough finance to undertake a degree again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Probably more people than you think use tutors to help them with their degree, they just don't say it for fear of looking stupid. Do you have enough finance to undertake a degree again?
    self funding first year. then student finance.

ReputationRep:
    self funding first year. then student finance.
    It's difficult to answer that question for you, what were your scores in the first year? Have you identified where you went wrong first time and taken steps to correct it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    It's difficult to answer that question for you, what were your scores in the first year? Have you identified where you went wrong first time and taken steps to correct it?
    well basically first semester i achieved quite good grades. averagely 60% apart from 1 module which included a group presentation, the others ruined it for me and then i became ill (mental health).

ReputationRep:
    the others ruined it for me
    Well, it was team work. If you allowed the group to submit work which wasn't to your standard rather than engaging with them to ensure the work met your standard (knowing full well you were all relying on each other for a top grade) then you ruined it for yourself by not standing up for yourself. And blaming other people looks poor.

In any case, if you're in the right frame of mind now and you're over your illness, there's no reason why you can't go on to pass your degree.

I'm confused as to why you'd need a tutor achieving 60% throughout your first year. I'd focus more on studying effectively and putting the graft in; save your money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.