Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi' I recently graduated with an engineering degree but I am looking to go back to study a Masters.

I am not sure as yet what career path I would like to go down yet but I do have interest in trading and investments and such like that as well as business.

I am not sure what degree I should do as I am interested in Business and Management, Finance and investment analysis.

Can't I go into finance after I spend some years in engineering ? And could I go into finance with a business and managment masters which it's also a cheaper for me and offers a business finance module?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Please don't just do degrees for the sake of it. They're expensive and may not help with employability in the end. Research careers that interest you, work out what entry requirements are and gain some work experience. Then make informed decisions accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Please don't just do degrees for the sake of it. They're expensive and may not help with employability in the end. Research careers that interest you, work out what entry requirements are and gain some work experience. Then make informed decisions accordingly.
    I do agree with your advice, but I do believe MSc in business and management would benefit my engineering caeer and later down the line in my career I would like to leave the option of going into finance open where a MSc in finance would be good. Can an engineer become a financial analyst without studying finance?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I've already told you how to find out.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.