Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible to lose 3kgs of belly fat in 8 weeks? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am wondering whether to bother going to the gym or not. But if it's not possible, then why bother paying the money! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thats the Spirit!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ)
    Thats the Spirit!! :rolleyes:
    Do you think I'm made of money? Some of us are trying to save for uni. No doubt you get thousands with all your Men's Health modelling, eh? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Pipkin)
    Do you think I'm made of money? Some of us are trying to save for uni. No doubt you get thousands with all your Men's Health modelling, eh? :rolleyes:
    but no doubt you go out on the drink quite a bit...just choosing not to go out 1 weekend will pay for 1 months gym membership..

by the way...thanks for the neg :rolleyes: Simpleton

ReputationRep:
    Could you not train out of the gym if you can't afford membership?

And totally off topic - PJ I love your profile pic - where is it?!

ReputationRep:
    I find it difficult to run because my joints ache. I also have a curvature of the spine which hurts when I bounce up and down on my feet. Additionally, I have sinus problems which means I cannot breathe out of my nostrils. This means that I wheeze from my mouth quite loudly, and I am not doing that in public thank you very much. Finally, I think I have very little physical fitness because I cannot run for more than a minute or two without having to stop.

ReputationRep:
    You can't loose 'belly fat', you can only loose fat in general and some of it will come from the belly. Loosing that amount in 3 weeks though is easy hehe. Just clean up your diet and do some good exercise 3 days a week.

ReputationRep:
    If your not really in the position to go training and you just wanna get your belly down then you could just really cut back the calories for a few weeks (say down to 1000-1500 a day). As long as you ensure you get enough protein, vitamins and minerals then you'll be fine healthwise and there won't be too much of an impact on the size of your muscles.

Its what I do when I'm at home in the summer and don't need as much energy-I lost a stone last year (down to 14 and a half stone) even though I barely moved. Also found that even without having done any training I was easily hitting 60 press ups in 2 mins again and found myself running for miles. You're never gonna get a six pack this way, sure, put it will at least make your belly flat.

ReputationRep:
    When you run your meant to breath out through your mouth; in through the nose out through the mouth. And do you really care what you look or sound like when you run? Gosh - im vain and im not bothered - im running for me not for anyone who happens to be around me, if my body needs to make funny noises to breath it darn well will, if i need to sing odd words along with my ipod i will, if i look like a sweaty mess and gasp for breath when i get back - good that shows me I've been working hard, thats what is getting me fitter and keeping me both healthy and alive.

If you really can't stand the thought of running drop your calorie intact, go swimming and do some bodyweight exercises as suggested, but really health and fitness should be a lifestyle choice - not something you do for 8 weeks a years so you look nice on the beach!

ReputationRep:
    I find it difficult to run because my joints ache. I also have a curvature of the spine which hurts when I bounce up and down on my feet. Additionally, I have sinus problems which means I cannot breathe out of my nostrils. This means that I wheeze from my mouth quite loudly, and I am not doing that in public thank you very much. Finally, I think I have very little physical fitness because I cannot run for more than a minute or two without having to stop.
    stop making excuses for a start. top distance runners have asthma and if you think your spine is causing major problems then get some physio.

ReputationRep:
    Gyms are public. Or were you planning on buying your own? Chances are people are disgusted when they see you in public anyway. So doing some excerise is going to lower anyone's opinion or you.

ReputationRep:
    If you are that unfit, here is what to do. Go out in the morning for a brisk walk. Just go for a fast walk for 10 minutes preferably up a hill. Get yourself into it and prepared.

If you have a curvy spine that aches when running this is due to poor posture and excessive tension in the Hip Flexors. Sort out your posture now and it will help later in life.

You can make that walk into a light jog and build from there.

ReputationRep:
    when you described yourself, I instantly thought of kyle's cousin;

ReputationRep:
    My friend had a twisted spine (had it treated now) and she plays hockey for her university before and after treatment. She also had brain surgery so you're problems seem relativly minor compares to hers yet she doens't let that get in her way.
    You say you have very little personal fitness but that's the point of exercise. I couldn't even jog 2 minutes without getting out of breath, now I can do 60 minutes of jogging in one go. All because I've been doing lots of exercise in the last few months.
    You don't need to go to the gym at all to get fit and loose weight. I lost a stone just through cycling and cutting down on crappy food. When I joined the gym it just gave me a lot more options and I really enjoy challenging myself everytime I go.
    I've said it before but if you really want to loose weight you will. You just have to push yourself that extra bit. I could stop after 5 minutes of jogging on the treadmill but I don't because I want to loose weight and get fit. That extra bit really helps. Learn how to motivate yourself and you'll be half way there.
    Good luck with it and I hope you get the results you want.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.