Turn on thread page Beta

What will happen if Saddam Hussein receives the death penalty? watch

ReputationRep:
    Saddam doesn't deserve to be killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Weather someone deserves to be killed or not you shouldn't kill them for this simple reason: You cannot dish out death when you don't have the ability to dish out life.

ReputationRep:
    By sentencing him to death will cause more problems than if he was sentenced to life imprisonment IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you mean he deserves something worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Weather someone deserves to be killed or not you shouldn't kill them for this simple reason: You cannot dish out death when you don't have the ability to dish out life.
    What is cloning then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    By sentencing him to death will cause more problems than if he was sentenced to life imprisonment IMO.
    I would agree with that, martyrdom will only fuel insurgency.

ReputationRep:
    You see the death sentence he's likely to receive will be quick and not that painful. If you really wanted to make him pay you would use old-English methods like hung, drawn and quartered. Many lifers have committed suicide because they thought death was an easy way out. Why make it easy for Saddam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    What is cloning then?
    and sex?

ReputationRep:
    No, he doesn't deserve to be killed. He deserves to live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    and sex?
    Indeed.

I pointed to cloning, because it is a mechanical way of creating life - just in the same way that lethal injection is to end life.

ReputationRep:
    No, he doesn't deserve to be killed. He deserves to live.
    After all the people he's killed?

ReputationRep:
    so you would put nixon/kissinger on trial as well then?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, that could be a dangerous assertion to make - some people would argue that Hitler isn't to blame for the Holocaust.

Next logical question:

What human/body could possibly wield sufficient authority to take another human's life?

ReputationRep:
    did nixon gas a percentage of his population?
    well he killed a large number of laosians with chemical weapons which is surely just as bad

ReputationRep:
    well he killed a large number of laosians with chemical weapons which is surely just as bad
    yes it is bad. But back to the topic at hand, after all the people killed on his orders, and all the tortures and everything he has done i think he will be put to death.

ReputationRep:
    yes it is bad. But back to the topic at hand, after all the people killed on his orders, and all the tortures and everything he has done i think he will be put to death.
    LMAO, so you agree Nixon and Kissinger should be sentanced to death. There is no justification in that sentance, as I have shown simply killing people does not warrrant death. And you have failed to deal with mobbdeeprob point.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO, so you agree Nixon and Kissinger should be sentanced to death. There is no justification in that sentance, as I have shown simply killing people does not warrrant death. And you have failed to deal with mobbdeeprob point.
    Here's a new idea, its called sticking to the topic at hand. Before you go off on another nixon tangent, did i say they should be put to death? No. After the killings, tortures and invasion at the hands of saddam, its my opinion that at the very least he should spend life in prison. As to mondeeprob's point, did i claim i had any authority over the matter? I was simply voiceing my opinion.

Can people stop saying, "he'll die" after one person has said it it's no longer witty, not that it was to begin with.

As for what'll happen, the people loyal to him will either give up because their leader is dead, or use is as an excuse to be especially belligerent and suicide bomb the crap out of everybody.

Though i agree with Bono, he doesn't deserve to die. To kill somebody for killing people is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    So I take it you completely agree that George Bush should be executed, because he's "killed" so many people?

What's your excuse?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.