Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What will happen if Saddam Hussein receives the death penalty? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone said that he'll die yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    So I take it you completely agree that George Bush should be executed, because he's "killed" so many people?

What's your excuse?
    Bono try, just try to contain your anti-american feelings for the proper thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    As to mondeeprob's point, did i claim i had any authority over the matter? I was simply voiceing my opinion.
    Actually, that's distinctly not my point.
    By 'authority', I don't mean your authority or opinion.

I'm alluding to the authority of a body/person (i.e. the US Government/Federal authorities) to convict Saddam (or any other human for that matter) of crimes which warrant capital punishment, and then to enact that punishment.

ReputationRep:
    Bono try, just try to contain your anti-american feelings for the proper thread.
    What's Bush ebing American got to do with anything? I'm asking you a question - Do you think he should be killed?

Since when am I anti-American? I'm anti ****** US presidents like Bush, certainly.

I thought Clinton was good.

ReputationRep:
    This is why i dislike the D+D forum, does anyone stick to the topic?

ReputationRep:
    Here's a new idea, its called sticking to the topic at hand. Before you go off on another nixon tangent, did i say they should be put to death? No. After the killings, tortures and invasion at the hands of saddam, its my opinion that at the very least he should spend life in prison. As to mondeeprob's point, did i claim i had any authority over the matter? I was simply voiceing my opinion.
    This is completely on topic. We are talking about a specific case using the death penalty on leaders of state. Now I brought up Nixon because I reckon as an American you would be against him being executed yet you ignoring the fact that he also killed, tortured and invaded other countries. So your views are inconsistant. I agree he should spend his life in prision too, however that is not what you intially said and I am only enquiring about the logic of your intial assertion that he deserved to be killed.

Mobbdeeprob is not enquirying over your authority but whether anyone in the world has the authority to sentance anyone to death. The answer is no and so sentancing him to death wouldn't make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Though i agree with Bono, he doesn't deserve to die. To kill somebody for killing people is stupid.
    Yes, talk about the hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    This is why i dislike the D+D forum, does anyone stick to the topic?
    It is sticking the topic - I'm linking the possibility of Saddam execution to that of whether others deserve such treatment; the topic can develop you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    This is completely on topic. We are talking about a specific case using the death penalty on leaders of state. Now I brought up Nixon because I reckon as an American you would be against him being executed yet you ignoring the fact that he also killed, tortured and invaded other countries. So your views are inconsistant. I agree he should spend his life in prision too, however that is not what you intially said and I am only enquiring about the logic of your intial assertion that he deserved to be killed.

Mobbdeeprob is not enquirying over your authority but whether anyone in the world has the authority to sentance anyone to death. The answer is no and so sentancing him to death wouldn't make sense.
    Well then i will keep my opinions to myself next time, as everyone seems to have a problem with them.

ReputationRep:
    Well then i will keep my opinions to myself next time, as everyone seems to have a problem with them.
    This is the debate and discussion forum, you try to justify your views, you allow for the fact you can be wrong and you become wiser in the world in the long run. The problems I have with your views I have tried to explain logically and if you do not understand a point I am quite happy to explain it, they are not personnal.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to silence you, nor is anybody else for that matter.

If you can think of any logical developments to your argument 'Saddam should be put to death because he is responsible for the deaths of the others', then I'm willing to hear them.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.