Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I've read the FAQs but I just don't get it so I'm hoping one of you can help.

The maximum size of your custom image is 50 by 50 pixels or 48.8 KB.

Does this mean that something can be bigger than 50 by 50 pixels as long as it's not more than 48.8 KB? Because that's what it sounds like to me and some people's avatars definitely are more than 50x50.

But, whenever I try to upload this , it gets resized, even though it's less than 48 KB. How do I make it work? Please help!

no its limited by either / or.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks, so do you know why it won't work then? The picture is the size your picture is so why does it get resized?

its only limited to 50x50 if its less than 48kb. its its more than 48kb then it will be limited down to be under that size and to be less than 50x50. you need to sub if you want a bigger one

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, got it. Sorry for being so slow! No way I'm subscribing... I'll buy myself a panini with the money instead and deal with a mini avatar!

ReputationRep:
    Go on, you know you want to sub :p: One month in the Back Room, getting to see all the discussion of sex and stuff that we don't allow on the public forums, on top of your large avatar (though I'm happy enough with my mini avatar even though I can have a 100x100 one if I want)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Go on, you know you want to sub :p: One month in the Back Room, getting to see all the discussion of sex and stuff that we don't allow on the public forums, on top of your large avatar (though I'm happy enough with my mini avatar even though I can have a 100x100 one if I want)
    Lol thats what the subs do with there backroom? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's one big orgy :ninja:

Actually, I don't know much about what's going on in the back room at the minute. Been a couple of weeks since I was in there, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    It's one big orgy :ninja:

Actually, I don't know much about what's going on in the back room at the minute. Been a couple of weeks since I was in there, I think.
    Seriously, please, come back.

Some twit of a new sub is driving me insane.

and fleur is volunteering me for things

(Original post by deej)
    Seriously, please, come back.

Some twit of a new sub is driving me insane.

and fleur is volunteering me for things
    Meanie.

And subsub. You know you wanna. :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry chaps but I'm just too much of a pauper at the moment! Went shopping on Monday...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.