Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! is anyone here on :tsr2: doin English 07?
    Thought I would make a thread about the books on the book list. My amazon order came today all of the books. The Norton Anthologies are pretty chunky aaah! personally i am reading all of the harry potters before I start on the reading list (proper Lit student, me!:p: ) But thought I would ask if anyone has started/ finished:eek: on the book list? Basically hows it goin guys!
    Also I was wondering are ppl annotating/ making notes or just reading?:confused: I was goin to make a few pencil notes but nothing extensive. How bout u?!? Please share any insight! thanx

ReputationRep:
    I've not got started yet, I'm still winding down from A-Levels etc

It is one HELL of a list though (granted I've lost mine, but I'm sure its somewhere!).

I've bought the Norton Anthology of Theory and Criticism second hand (perfect condition, £15 off ebay), and I'm going to read the suggested essays in there pretty soon (along with a few others by people I'm interested in, Trotsky, Wilde etc, and maybe the Johnson one on Shakespeare), and next time I'm in town I'm probably going to buy The Oxford Book of American Short Stories and dip into a few of those.

How much did all that come to in total by the way?

Oh, and did you buy the suggested books such as The Drama Handbook, the glossary of literary terms etc etc?

ReputationRep:
    There´s no need to get the drama handbook... it´s a bit 'A'level-esque' Literary terms can normally be found online, but then again I´ve used it at least a few times.

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't buy any of the extra suggested books, just the set texts. I already have a few books like that I have picked up over the years, and can always get them at a later date if we need them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've favourited the searches for all of them on ebay, so I might pick up copies if they come up for a few quid etc, wouldn't do any harm. Picked up Beowulf on there for a few quid, probably going to head to amazon or play.com for the other texts now.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.