Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I would just like to get a definitive answer on what funding I will be eligible for when I apply for 2017, now that the NHS bursaries have been scrapped.

I originally studied Mathematics and Spanish language, graduating in 2011, and received both tuition fee and maintenance loans at the time. I now wish to re-train as a midwife but, as I need time to complete an Access Course to get the relevant foundations for the science-based course, I will be applying for September 2017 entry.

Can I apply for tuition fee and maintenance loans from Student Finance? Are any of these means-tested? I think I will be applying for the three-year BSc midwifery qualification, given that my degree is not relevant to nursing/midwifery.

Thank you for the help,
    Rachel
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by rkelley89)
    Hello all,

I would just like to get a definitive answer on what funding I will be eligible for when I apply for 2017, now that the NHS bursaries have been scrapped.

I originally studied Mathematics and Spanish language, graduating in 2011, and received both tuition fee and maintenance loans at the time. I now wish to re-train as a midwife but, as I need time to complete an Access Course to get the relevant foundations for the science-based course, I will be applying for September 2017 entry.

Can I apply for tuition fee and maintenance loans from Student Finance? Are any of these means-tested? I think I will be applying for the three-year BSc midwifery qualification, given that my degree is not relevant to nursing/midwifery.

Thank you for the help,
    Rachel
    Yes you can apply for everything (as far as they've announced so that) and the maintenance loan will be means tested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Yes you can apply for everything (as far as they've announced so that) and the maintenance loan will be means tested.
    Thank you so much for the help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.