Turn on thread page Beta

% of Students getting 3 As watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what the % of people getting 3 As at A2 was last year and whether it really is special to get 3 As or not? Thx

Jay

ReputationRep:
    yes its definately special, you have to put the time in

3 a's is an achievement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay9386)
    Just wondering what the % of people getting 3 As at A2 was last year and whether it really is special to get 3 As or not? Thx

Jay
    ofcourse it is special, not everyone can do it

ReputationRep:
    AAA kicks butt

ReputationRep:

Jay
    well on average in a subject the top 20% will get an A and i think it's something like 8% will get 3As **not totally sure** **not official fact**

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    well on average in a subject the top 20% will get an A and i think it's something like 8% will get 3As **not totally sure** **not official fact**

ok thx..where did u get these facts from by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    ofcourse it is special, not everyone can do it
    Hmm, yet Stuart from Big Brother managed 4 A's and has so far demonstrated little such intelligence to justify it...actually I'm jealous - I'd be very proud if I got 3 A's.

ReputationRep:
    1.) It's not a fact.
    2.) It includes private schools and grammars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I don't want the stat for the % of AAA's, I want the % of AAA's attained by comprehensive school students.

I don't want any gay eton puff included in a stat that includes me because he's reared to get A's by being rich rather than clever, thank you very much.

So don't give us a gay stat.

Normal schools only please.
    lol word, parents that pay for their kids education is so lame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Hmm, yet Stuart from Big Brother managed 4 A's and has so far demonstrated little such intelligence to justify it...actually I'm jealous - I'd be very proud if I got 3 A's.
    Private school of course, where the money talks, rather than student intelligence and motivation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    omg i agree with you! i thought that all along as he couldnt spell a word right and he just doesn't seem intelligent!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I regularly wonder how Stu managed to get 4 As. He seems dense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaRRR)
    omg i agree with you! i thought that all along as he couldnt spell a word right and he just doesn't seem intelligent!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm just cause he cant spell dont mean he aint clever maybe he did somethin like double maths physics and chemistry which require little spelling skills.

ReputationRep:
    Stuart's A Levels were in Geography, I.T, Psychology........and General Studies.

ReputationRep:
    hmm just cause he cant spell dont mean he aint clever maybe he did somethin like double maths physics and chemistry which require little spelling skills.
    lol, i don't think he'd last 10 minutes in a physics or chemistry lecture.

and he doesn't come across as the most intelligent person!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I regularly wonder how Stu managed to get 4 As. He seems dense!
    Fair enough, but I can tell he is intelligent. And dont see why it should be any surprise to anyone why he got 4A's. On the other hand I could see why people would be surpised if Emma had a 1st from Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    they are avaliable here:http://www.qca.org.uk/subjects/index.html
    and yes they are official stats- and Invisible seeing as public school studens make up less than 7% of the students in this country it will make a very small different to the stats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    they are avaliable here:http://www.qca.org.uk/subjects/index.html
    and yes they are official stats- and Invisible seeing as public school studens make up less than 7% of the students in this country it will make a very small different to the stats.
    These stats are shite. The inclusion of grammar schools and private schools makes a massive difference, because they attain many AAA Grades.

These stats are crap: A proper stat is the number of people achieving AAA from comprehensive schools only.

My guess is 2%.

ReputationRep:
    because they attain many AAA Grades.
    What a load of rubbish!! at the majority of private schools 8% gaining 3As would be a great acheivement. And you do know there are selective schools that aren't grammar schools.
    And have you ever stopped to realise why some grammar schools get better results-because they pick the best pupils at 11, up to 11 they have had equal chance.

ReputationRep:
    These stats are shite. The inclusion of grammar schools and private schools makes a massive difference, because they attain many AAA Grades.

These stats are crap: A proper stat is the number of people achieving AAA from comprehensive schools only.

My guess is 2%.
    And what is wrong with grammar schools (ignoring the private/public debate at the moment). I went to a grammar school and it dosent change how smart I am, and i dont pay any money to somehow magically make my grade better. Are you saying that my hard work over the last couple of years is worthless?

Many pupils at grammar school attain AAA because they are smart, which is why they passed an exam to go to that school.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.