Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What essentials would you recommend for uni and best place to buy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Starting at Wolverhamton Uni in September studying Public Health. What things can I be buying now for the course, what would you say are absolute essentials and wheres the best place to buy them?

ReputationRep:
    A backpack (I like Dakine backpacks, mine has lasted a long time and it has an insulated section to keep food/drinks fresh). It doesn't matter how stylish you think you are, a shoulder bag or cross body bag just doesn't cut it (trust me, I ended up damaging my shoulder in first year trying to carry all my **** in a shoulder bag). I also recommend getting your own printer. Anything else is up to you really, I like Staples Better Binders because they are awesome quality and can handle the heavy usage. I also like Pukka Pads Narrow Ruled refill pads. Staedtler have the best highlighters (bright colours) or Zebra Mildliners (muted colours). I like Bic Cristal pens for taking notes and Staetdler fineliners and triplus colours for making mind maps and study guides. Post it notes and page flags are a must too .

ReputationRep:
    well if you wanna get new clothes and bags then i would suggest asos.. great selection. but cus my friends and i are pretty low on cash so we buy most of our stuff preloved on carousell hahaha. got my uni books there too x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by genrose)
    well if you wanna get new clothes and bags then i would suggest asos.. great selection. but cus my friends and i are pretty low on cash so we buy most of our stuff preloved on carousell hahaha. got my uni books there too x
    oh genrose you use that too? add me up! x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by mrsclark24)
    Starting at Wolverhamton Uni in September studying Public Health. What things can I be buying now for the course, what would you say are absolute essentials and wheres the best place to buy them?
    I found it cheaper to bulk or stock up on things from warehouses. I don't use Costco but my mum has a membership with a wholesaler's warehouse and I got huge amounts of pasta, cans like baked beans and soup and of course stock up on that alcohol! It's sometimes cheaper to do this. For instance (I saw this, didn't buy it) it was only £120 for 12 1L Smirdoff Vodka, whereas in the stores it's usually £18-£20 per bottle. So it's some things like bulk-shopping can be cheaper. Especially for 1L coke and also toilet roll. I tried living of Tesco-branded toilet paper... Oh never again! Branded ones are surprisingly expensive, so I make sure I go to the warehouse and stock up on it cause it's also cheaper there.

It's just a suggestion. I would defo recommend at least seeing if any family members have a membership ascribed to a wholesalers .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.