Turn on thread page Beta

attractions you recommend in barcelona? watch

ReputationRep:
    finally fly in just over a weeks time, we have a list of a few things we plan on doing ie zoo, aquarium, beach, waterpark etc but what else does people recommend?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    The Nou Camp (football stadium) is really nice

La Boqueria is a massive market too. Good for cheap fruits if you are on a budget

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    The Nou Camp (football stadium) is really nice

La Boqueria is a massive market too. Good for cheap fruits if you are on a budget
    is it just a fruit market?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    finally fly in just over a weeks time, we have a list of a few things we plan on doing ie zoo, aquarium, beach, waterpark etc but what else does people recommend?
    Omg I was in Barcelona last week!

I would highly recommend looking inside the Sagrada Familia church. Despite the fact it's unfinished, the interior is truly stunning and you won't see anything else like it.

There's also a fun waterpark a little way out of the city (Illa Fantasia Waterpark)

Check out all the shopping streets like La Rambla as well as the Port Olimpic/ Port Vell

There's also a little place called Poble Espanyol which is like a little microcosmic village full of cafes and bars etc, with each part representing a district of Spain

And of course the beach!
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Moved to Travel! Have a fantastic holiday!

(Sent from Gatwick airport )
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    is it just a fruit market?
    It's an everything market. Meat, sweets, seafood, fruit, vegetables, etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Omg I was in Barcelona last week!

I would highly recommend looking inside the Sagrada Familia church. Despite the fact it's unfinished, the interior is truly stunning and you won't see anything else like it.

There's also a fun waterpark a little way out of the city (Illa Fantasia Waterpark)

Check out all the shopping streets like La Rambla as well as the Port Olimpic/ Port Vell

There's also a little place called Poble Espanyol which is like a little microcosmic village full of cafes and bars etc, with each part representing a district of Spain

And of course the beach!
    wheres the church?
    were going to marineland catalunya (bit further up)
    are the shopping streets good?
    i think i saw that on the internet today, is it close to the centre? (the mini village)
    and obviously!

(Original post by UWS)
    It's an everything market. Meat, sweets, seafood, fruit, vegetables, etc..
    do they sell souviners etc?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

do they sell souviners etc?
    I don't remember but I think they do, they have the stalls at the sides. It would still be good to check it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I don't remember but I think they do, they have the stalls at the sides. It would still be good to check it out
    ok great thankyou
    do you remember if there are any supermarkets locally to city centre?
    id assume there would be but iv not been there so...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    ok great thankyou
    do you remember if there are any supermarkets locally to city centre?
    id assume there would be but iv not been there so...
    If I remember, there are several. One in particular called Carrefour, a big French supermarket chain and I believe there is one near the market i mentioned. You can find pretty much everything there, it's like the French Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    If I remember, there are several. One in particular called Carrefour, a big French supermarket chain and I believe there is one near the market i mentioned. You can find pretty much everything there, it's like the French Tesco.
    ok cool thats great!
    i did look online and stumbled across carrefour on google maps although as its not in english (obviously), i wasnt able to figure out what exactly is specialsies in.

it surprises me how many japanese supermarkets there are lol
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    ok cool thats great!
    i did look online and stumbled across carrefour on google maps although as its not in english (obviously), i wasnt able to figure out what exactly is specialsies in.

it surprises me how many japanese supermarkets there are lol
    You'll find out when you get there but it's just your standard groceries supermarket. Definitely recommend shopping there if you're not looking to eat out every night

I would recommend going to eat at one of the paella places along the beach, it's delicious and you get a really beautiful view of the sea in the evening.

The subway is also a good place to get from one part of the city to the other. Open top bus tours are also really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    You'll find out when you get there but it's just your standard groceries supermarket. Definitely recommend shopping there if you're not looking to eat out every night

I would recommend going to eat at one of the paella places along the beach, it's delicious and you get a really beautiful view of the sea in the evening.

The subway is also a good place to get from one part of the city to the other. Open top bus tours are also really nice
    ok great thanks!
    were only gonna have one meal out in the evening and the rest of the time itl be sort of carrefour shopping.
    is paella a fish dish? :/
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    ok great thanks!
    were only gonna have one meal out in the evening and the rest of the time itl be sort of carrefour shopping.
    is paella a fish dish? :/
    It's seafood and a type of rice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It's seafood and a type of rice
    ew maybe not then lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Although I have not been in Barcelona yet, you should take a closer look at the Barcelona Park guell. The architecture looks so fascinating and aesthetic. Convince yourself! *

picture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Although I have not been in Barcelona yet, you should take a closer look at the Barcelona Park guell. The architecture looks so fascinating and aesthetic. Convince yourself! *

picture
    yea we plan on going here. it reminds me of a gingerbread house lol

ReputationRep:
    There's a cable car over the sea and a funicular railway plus cable car up to Montjuic Castle. You can have paella with other meat and just vegetables if you prefer. The Gothic Quarter is where all the best little shops are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    There's a cable car over the sea and a funicular railway plus cable car up to Montjuic Castle. You can have paella with other meat and just vegetables if you prefer. The Gothic Quarter is where all the best little shops are.
    just looked at the castle, looks like it has epic views!
    were next to the gothic quarter so will defo have a browse.
    are many shops open usually as i heard alot of them shut up for summer :/

ReputationRep:
    just looked at the castle, looks like it has epic views!
    were next to the gothic quarter so will defo have a browse.
    are many shops open usually as i heard alot of them shut up for summer :/
    Couldn't say for sure as I tend to go out of season (my son lives there) but they do have very long lunch breaks when it looks like nothing is ever going to open again. If jewellery is your thing, this
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attrac...Catalonia.html
    is the most astonishing shop I have ever been in (and I've been in quite a few....)

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.