Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me to find out what these rash things are. Basically on my lower back and stomach I have these dry patches of skin that look like exzema (sp?!) but they aren't, according to my doctor. And they aren't psoriasis either. They vary in size from about a couple of millimetres in diameter to about 2-3cms (I only have about 2 that are that big though, most average about 1 cm) they are a kind of pinky colour but just look like dry skin, and they feel like dry skin. They aren't at all itchy. My doctor said it could be ringworm (yuk!) or something else beginning with a G I think, and told me to put canesten cream on the rashes, but the thing is, more of them keep appearing and I don't know how to stop them! I also have one on my upper arm which is about 1cm. Other than that they are all on my lower back or stomach. They look really horrible and I want to know what they are! I want to believe my doctor but he didn't seem to know what they are, to be honest.
    Any med students or anyone who has something similar or ANYTHING please let me know. I don't want to have the lurgy forever
    :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorgeousGeorge)
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me to find out what these rash things are. Basically on my lower back and stomach I have these dry patches of skin that look like exzema (sp?!) but they aren't, according to my doctor. And they aren't psoriasis either. They vary in size from about a couple of millimetres in diameter to about 2-3cms (I only have about 2 that are that big though, most average about 1 cm) they are a kind of pinky colour but just look like dry skin, and they feel like dry skin. They aren't at all itchy. My doctor said it could be ringworm (yuk!) or something else beginning with a G I think, and told me to put canesten cream on the rashes, but the thing is, more of them keep appearing and I don't know how to stop them! I also have one on my upper arm which is about 1cm. Other than that they are all on my lower back or stomach. They look really horrible and I want to know what they are! I want to believe my doctor but he didn't seem to know what they are, to be honest.
    Any med students or anyone who has something similar or ANYTHING please let me know. I don't want to have the lurgy forever
    :-)
    has this recently turned up? consider everything, eg what you may have eaten, environment changes, clothes etc.
    how long have you been using the treatment?does it work?
    dont worry...its not the lurgy, you are as normal as anyone else
    neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    The first one appeared about....I would say 3 months ago. The first one is the biggest one I have and it's in the centre of my lower back. Since then I've got about 10 more. I have seriously racked my brain for anything I have been doing differently, different washing powder, shower gel, moisturiser but nothing seems to explain it. I haven't changed anything.

ReputationRep:
    my brother used to get that i think...i just dissapeard in time.
    Meanwhile he used to wash with aqueous cream ad put camomile lotion on the patches. I thought canesten was only for the vagina??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorgeousGeorge)
    The first one appeared about....I would say 3 months ago. The first one is the biggest one I have and it's in the centre of my lower back. Since then I've got about 10 more. I have seriously racked my brain for anything I have been doing differently, different washing powder, shower gel, moisturiser but nothing seems to explain it. I haven't changed anything.
    are you sure its not in your diet? have you been swimming recently and were allergic to chlorine? is it in your family history?

ReputationRep:
    hives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hester)
    hives?
    what are they?never heard of them before :confused:

ReputationRep:
    herpes

ReputationRep:
    I thought canesten was for thrush?!

ReputationRep:
    hives are like an allergic reaction. dunnoi much. i have a headache, sorry, cant be bothered to look it up. look at nhs direct

ReputationRep:
    my brother got something just like that suddenly last year. His doctor told him it was caused by sea food even thou he'd bin eatin it his whole life. As soon as he stopped eating it the things went. Id Try that if i were u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armatillian)
    my brother got something just like that suddenly last year. His doctor told him it was caused by sea food even thou he'd bin eatin it his whole life. As soon as he stopped eating it the things went. Id Try that if i were u.
    thats what i originally suggested...the food. if nothing else is possible as george said, it leaves the diet

ReputationRep:
    i have these too i think, they are on my neck they are not red or anything, but dry patches of skin. My dad had got much worse than me on his back and the dr said it could be ring worm - this is not actually a worm like i originally thought! sorry this post isnt actually useful as i dont know how to get rid of them, just thought id sympathise!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I started eating lots of onions(recommended by a stupis herbal website) and used some iodine on the rashes. after a while it resembled prickly heat-weird-then disappeared. I think it may have been a strong lonterm reaction to heat so I'd check that out.

ReputationRep:
    i had a rash like that, over my stomach n back, turned out to be shingles

i got an old person's disease

ReputationRep:
    yeh i have something similar too, but on my chest and neck-only mine do itch. i posted a thread about it a couple of days back. i'm going to the doctors 2moro so i'll tell you what she tells me and maybe that will help you.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.