Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for some advice and information from a University of Chester student, this is a great thread to find it!

Having moved here almost five years ago, studying both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degrees and living in private accommodation with 7 other people, I've built up quite alot of knowledge about Chester.

If you have any questions regarding UoC, Uni life, Accommodation, Societies or Chester in general, let me know!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been assigned John Milton Halll as my accommodation. Don't suppose if you or anyone knows if this is girls only? I said mixed on my application but I have only found girls so far. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie0110)
    Hi, I've been assigned John Milton Halll as my accommodation. Don't suppose if you or anyone knows if this is girls only? I said mixed on my application but I have only found girls so far. Thanks
    Hi Katie,

There will definitely be a mixture of both boys and girls in John Milton Hall when you arrive in September. Perhaps creating a discussion on TSR will help find other's staying in your accommodation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbee16)
    Hi Katie,

There will definitely be a mixture of both boys and girls in John Milton Hall when you arrive in September. Perhaps creating a discussion on TSR will help find other's staying in your accommodation
    Thank you! I'm just trying to find as much out about John Milton Hall as I can because Chester website only gives images inside!

ReputationRep:
    There is some information, other than pictures, about John Milton Hall on this page: https://www.chester.ac.uk/node/23765

If you have any other questions, just ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbee16)
    There is some information, other than pictures, about John Milton Hall on this page: https://www.chester.ac.uk/node/23765

If you have any other questions, just ask
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm going to be studying the early years teaching course in September and I was wondering if you knew anyone that could maybe give me an insight into what the timetable would be like so i can arrange my work schedule around my uni one ?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sian,

Undergraduate Course Timetables will be published online on September 19th, this year.

If you would like further information, let me know

ReputationRep:
    Obviously this might vary by course but are lectures recorded and then made available online later? The uni I did my undergrad did this and I'm hoping my masters will be the same as I found it extremely useful!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jess,

Unfortunately, I don't think any lecturers are recorded. For some of my more important lectures I asked to use a digital recording device and set it up at the front of the room. I found this very useful and they're pretty cheap to buy online!

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to study business management however I may have to do a foundation year at first then the 3 year BA honours course will this bring down the value of my overall degree from future employers??

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jason,

No not at all! A foundation year won't decrease the value of your overall degree. If you have any queries regarding this subject, don't hesitate to email the uni at [email protected].

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone receiving results tomorrow!

If you're looking to apply to the University of Chester through clearing, contact them on their Clearing Hotline: 0808 1642710

ReputationRep:
    I've never met ChrisBee (that I'm aware of), but in my time as Forum Assistant here he's always been a huge help and source of up to date information!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.