Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I got home and received a letter from another city's council about a fixed penalty fine for littering on 23/7/16 at half 6 in a place i never been too.
    apparently my middle name is Liu which is not. apparently they have me on cctv, apparently the safety warden caught me but couldnt give me the fines cos i was catching the bus FFS I WASNT EVEN THERE

now i have to email them for an appeal and will have to go to court omfggg, do i get any compensation for this inconvenience???? i got £75 to give to them but im not going to give them something for something i didnt do.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by ihatePE)
    I got home and received a letter from another city's council about a fixed penalty fine for littering on 23/7/16 at half 6 in a place i never been too.
    apparently my middle name is Liu which is not. apparently they have me on cctv, apparently the stupid safety warden caught me but couldnt give me the fines cos i was catching the bus FFS I WASNT EVEN THERE

now i have to email them for an appeal and will have to go to court omfggg, do i get any compensation for this inconvenience???? i got £75 to give to them but im not going to give them something for something i didnt do.
    Easy, just refuse to pay.

ReputationRep:
    apparently my middle name is Liu which is not. apparently they have me on cctv, apparently the stupid safety warden caught me but couldnt give me the fines cos i was catching the bus FFS I WASNT EVEN THERE

Do you have an alibi for when the incident occurred?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

Can you remember where you were instead?

That is so creepy that they were able to find you from cctv...?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by upperechelon)
    Do you have an alibi for when the incident occurred?
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Can you remember where you were instead?

That is so creepy that they were able to find you from cctv...?
    i just called me mum, she remembered i was at home looking after my brother all day. this is so creepy

ReputationRep:
    Go to court, refuse to pay. Otherwise, they'll take advantage of you or others again. If you have nothing to hide, unfortunately you need to go to court and sort it out. I wouldn't pay for it either.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Easy, just refuse to pay.
    yup i will refuse until the end, cant give in to these cash thirsty councillors

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should just follow whatever procedure it says on the PCN if you're not the right person.

ReputationRep:
    You disgust me. Put your litter in a bin next time. Tut tut.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure you can request to see the CCTV evidence. It's likely to be some awful quality footage which you can easily argue to be anyone and to be not solid proof.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Maybe you should just follow whatever procedure it says on the PCN if you're not the right person.
    i've sent the email of appeal like they said and is awaiting for the reply little mistakes like this just ruins my whole day

(Original post by computationchive)
    Pretty sure you can request to see the CCTV evidence. It's likely to be some awful quality footage which you can easily argue to be anyone and to be not solid proof.
    they have a safety warden as witness too, wonder how they get down the name of strangers on the streets. so weird O_O

ReputationRep:
    i've sent the email of appeal like they said and is awaiting for the reply little mistakes like this just ruins my whole day
    That's the best thing to do. No point upsetting yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.