Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What is the best pay as you go sim, people recommended me giffgaff and ee but are those good or are there better ones

I would mainly like data more than anything

ReputationRep:
    EE is SO expensive, do not go with EE !!!

when you're on pay as you go you have to purchase ' data packs ' in order to use data and it is like £15 for 2GB which lasts 30 days which is so damn expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco mobile is good cause when you first top up they triple the credit, so if you top up £20 then you get £60 credit

ReputationRep:
    I'm using Three. No complaints so far...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Giffgaff.

ReputationRep:
    giffgaff or O2

ReputationRep:
    3? I didn't know people still use pay as you go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trill)
    3? I didn't know people still use pay as you go

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you cant get contracts if you have or had debts recently or a bad credit rating.

ReputationRep:
    Three have amazingly good PAYG rates!

ReputationRep:
    Three is much better than EE for PAYG SIM. GiffGaff is good, particularly low international call rates and good customer satisfaction

ReputationRep:
    Is there one where I can top up using paypal? I am guessing no but just wanted to be sure

ReputationRep:
    You can't pay for GiffGaff with paypal sadly buy I have used Giff for over two years and it has honestly been a reliable and good service. I pay £12 a month for 2 gig of data, 500 minutes and texts. I like the 1 month rolling contract as I hate being stuck in contracts and often find my friends are paying £30+ a month, sure they have a shiny newer phone but I like my old nexus 4( I will get a one plus three by next year).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaptorStar)
    What is the best pay as you go sim, people recommended me giffgaff and ee but are those good or are there better ones

Go with Tesco. You cant go wrong. They use 02 lines = signal everywhere and they triple your credit every month. So £10 = £30 total usage allowance per month. I only got a contract because they offered me a lovely LG K8 for £8.50 per month with 500 mins, 1GB data and 5000 texts.

ReputationRep:
    GiffGaff /thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaptorStar)

three is best and cheapest especially for internet at 1p/mb

ReputationRep:
    So far I am leaning towards three or giffgaff

I found that vodafone accept paypal, what do you guys think of vodafone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    EE is SO expensive, do not go with EE !!!

when you're on pay as you go you have to purchase ' data packs ' in order to use data and it is like £15 for 2GB which lasts 30 days which is so damn expensive.

Yeah data for payg does seem to be expensive for payg right now but I will have to go with payg unless I find a good sim only deal/contract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sketchymofo2)
    you cant get contracts if you have or had debts recently or a bad credit rating.
    That's false. I got a contract once 6 years ago, with 3 and the subsequent contracts didn't need my terrible credit score.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.