FINANCE - divorced parents? Watch

Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Starting uni in September this year so will be applying for student finance real soon. But recently my parents have split up and will be selling the house and moving out separately just after i start uni. What do i put for my student finance details?! as soon as i go to uni will i have to change them as the incomes and family member i will be living with will completely change from what it is now?
Badges: 12
Report 2 years ago
At a guess, I would say put down what the situation is now, and then when it changes, contact Student Finance and tell them. After all, if it changed the other way during the year I'm sure they would want you to tell them, and people's circumstances must change all the time without them having prior knowledge. You never know, your parents may not be able to sell the house, or they may change their minds, or anything could happen, you can't risk it by pre-empting them.

But the sensible answer would be to ring Student Finance and confirm this with them.

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


University open days

  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1647)
Leave (444)

Watched Threads

View All