Turn on thread page Beta

Need help with something lol watch

    • Thread Starter

    So i just got finished doing my 2 years at college studying a level 3 Media Diploma and passed with an M,M,M but after a lot of thinking i want to go to university and study some sort of Medical Science or Psychology and this is where the problem lies , Btecs are worth pretty much nothing to universities unless you are applying to a course related to the subject you studied. So im just like screwed right ? i really don't want to have to go back and Do A levels but will i have to ? i have been told about a foundation year or something but i have no idea what it is. someone show me the way lol.
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    If you want to study a science degree then you have two options, do an Access to HE course or a foundation year. Information about both options can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3401311

    If you want to study medicine then you probably will have to do A levels, or a university-approved Access to Medicine or foundation course. See here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Access_to_Medicine and http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...icine_Programs
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.