Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you live in a mansion if it meant you had to live with 20 other people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So the theory is massive mansion worth thousands of pounds a week rent
    You realise that if you shared the house with 20 other people you could pay the same rent you pay for your regular house while living in a massive house
    Would you do it?
    Also these people are not your friends just randoms you met on gum tree

ReputationRep:
    It needs to have multiple bathrooms, showers, fridges, a massive luxurious pool indoor and out etc

ReputationRep:
    nah. mansions are over-rated. whats the big deal. if it was my own, one i bought with my own money then yeah i see the deal but one i'm sharing with 20 strangers - no thanks!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    do i get to win a prize at the end of the tenancy? cos that seems like a challenge

ReputationRep:
    If they are cool then hell yes

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want one to myself... I'd be too paranoid that someone else was there or had broke in etc. I feel like if the house was big enough, 20 people wouldn't be so bad. Just like sharing a floor in a uni hall xD

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ketchup12)
    So the theory is massive mansion worth thousands of pounds a week rent
    You realise that if you shared the house with 20 other people you could pay the same rent you pay for your regular house while living in a massive house
    Would you do it?
    Also these people are not your friends just randoms you met on gum tree
    Been there, done that.

While working for PGL we all lived in a mansion house (the activity centre was built in the former gardens). It was pretty awesome tbh.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Nope. I don't like massive houses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hell naw*
    One bedroom flat FTW*

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer an apartment tbh

ReputationRep:
    Could either be an example of blissful communal living or a complete nightmare.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nah. I like my cosy little flat and have never fancied living in mansion. Living with 20 people I didn't know wouldn't be appealing either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello to the no! I need my own space and don't want to have people interrupting me or bumping into them every other minute. Hate having housemates

A one bedroom apartment is perfect

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    nah. mansions are over-rated. whats the big deal. if it was my own, one i bought with my own money then yeah i see the deal but one i'm sharing with 20 strangers - no thanks!
    I see what you did there

ReputationRep:
    As long as I get my own space own bathroom, yes. I've lived with totally random people before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would if that benefit someone but otherwise no, because I can't live like that.

ReputationRep:
    it depends if it had enough decent facilities and was shared out well it would work
    I know mansions closer to hear that have been turned into communal luxury apartment complexes

ReputationRep:
    Na probably not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.