Need help with IELTS Watch

Highroller16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,
I received my IELTS results and my university has asked me to tell them my TRF number so that they can check them online.
What is a TRF number?
BioOx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just google it. You'll find all the information ther.
How did they go?
Devify
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
TRF is the test report form number. It should be on your certificate in the bottom right corner
Potatoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well I found this on google images, if this means something
Highroller16
Rep:
?
Thanks guys! Is there any way I can get this number online? I'm away from home at the moment and I won't be able to get my hands on my certificate any time soon (as it has been posted to the address where I live)

(Original post by Devify)
TRF is the test report form number. It should be on your certificate in the bottom right corner
(Original post by Potatoo)
Well I found this on google images, if this helps
Highroller16
Rep:
?
(Original post by BioOx)
Just google it. You'll find all the information ther.
How did they go?
Got an 8.5
Devify
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Highroller16)
Got an 8.5
That's really good. I got 7.5 when I took it 3-4 years ago. Mostly messed up with talking cause I had to talk for a minute about a recently made friend but I couldn't think of much to say :sigh:

As for the number, if you got the results online, try checking for it there. ( For the format, it should have 2 numbers then 2 letters for the country followed by your candidate number, first 3 letters of your surname, first letter of your first name and then 3numbers and 1 letter)
BioOx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Got an 8.5
Wow!! Congratzzz
I need a 7.0 (Oxford) and I am afraid that I might struggle.
I am a polyglot but mehh I do not know how to speak properly in my own language..and English is just a whole new level

How did you prepare?
Highroller16
Rep:
?
That's really good. I got 7.5 when I took it 3-4 years ago. Mostly messed up with talking cause I had to talk for a minute about a recently made friend but I couldn't think of much to say :sigh:
I thought my speaking part was pretty bad ha, literally all of it was about food (what type of food I like, who I eat my food with, etc.). And I got an 8.0 in my listening, missed 2 questions due to some guy coughing every now and then in the test room
Devify
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought my speaking part was pretty bad ha, literally all of it was about food (what type of food I like, who I eat my food with, etc.). And I got an 8.0 in my listening, missed 2 questions due to some guy coughing every now and then in the test room
I got 6 in my speaking most of mine was my hobbies, what I watch on TV, what I like to do with my friends and stuff like that. I was fine when chatting and answering questions. But then she gave me like 30seconds to prepare and I had to ramble about a recently made friend for a minute if not more. I can't really remember since it was so long ago. And I couldn't really think of anything much to say. Managed like 2-3 sentences and went blank
Highroller16
Rep:
?
(Original post by BioOx)
Wow!! Congratzzz
I need a 7.0 (Oxford) and I am afraid that I might struggle.
I am a polyglot but mehh I do not know how to speak properly in my own language..and English is just a whole new level

How did you prepare?
Didn't do anything to be completely honest (not trying to brag), so I'm not the best person to ask. I guess it was just easy for me because I'm bilingual.. Hope my A-Levels go well too haha (not Oxford btw)

P.S. My uni asked for 6.5
Highroller16
Rep:
?
I got 6 in my speaking most of mine was my hobbies, what I watch on TV, what I like to do with my friends and stuff like that. I was fine when chatting and answering questions. But then she gave me like 30seconds to prepare and I had to ramble about a recently made friend for a minute if not more. I can't really remember since it was so long ago. And I couldn't really think of anything much to say. Managed like 2-3 sentences and went blank
Yeeah I hate it so much when this happens in speaking tests.. I usually try to avoid it by not over preparing and giving spontaneous answers, first things that come to mind, almost always complete bs. Usually works for me, even in other languages (A-Levels)
Devify
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeeah I hate it so much when this happens in speaking tests.. I usually try to avoid it by not over preparing and giving spontaneous answers, first things that come to mind, almost always complete bs. Usually works for me, even in other languages (A-Levels)
I'm good at writing bs but I'm one of those people who don't really talk unless they have something to say. I can't really ramble on command unless it's something I'm passionate about. I'd probably do better now if I had to retake it. I was really shy as a kid and hadn't really gotten over that yet when I took the exam
Highroller16
Rep:
?
I'm good at writing bs but I'm one of those people who don't really talk unless they have something to say. I can't really ramble on command unless it's something I'm passionate about. I'd probably do better now if I had to retake it. I was really shy as a kid and hadn't really gotten over that yet when I took the exam
I sometimes wish I was this way throughout my life. Not sure what caused my excessive extroversion
You're now in uni, I assume? Have you done A-Levels?
Devify
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I sometimes wish I was this way throughout my life. Not sure what caused my excessive extroversion
You're now in uni, I assume? Have you done A-Levels?
I did BTEC. The country differences meant that my grades were crap for whatever reason. Like I had an overall A in GCSEs equivalent qualification in my country, but because of the differences it wasn't even high enough for level 2 entry, not to mention A levels. But it worked out pretty well, they put me in level 2 to begin with, then moved to level 3. Did BTEC in IT and now starting at Cardiff uni studying Computer Science this September
Highroller16
Rep:
?
I did BTEC. The country differences meant that my grades were crap for whatever reason. Like I had an overall A in GCSEs equivalent qualification in my country, but because of the differences it wasn't even high enough for level 2 entry, not to mention A levels. But it worked out pretty well, they put me in level 2 to begin with, then moved to level 3. Did BTEC in IT and now starting at Cardiff uni studying Computer Science this September
Sounds like you had a lot of work to do. Congrats on getting your place, glad it worked out well for you
Devify
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds like you had a lot of work to do. Congrats on getting your place, glad it worked out well for you
It was annoying and a pain in the arse, but I ended up with a nice group of people and enjoyed the course. Even if it means I'm starting uni at 20.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.13%
Yes - they're famous (285)
25.33%