Turn on thread page Beta

Vote of No Confidence in the Government watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: This House has no confidence in the Government.
    As many are of the opinion, Aye
    40.43%
    On the contrary, No
    48.94%
    Abstain
    10.64%

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Vote of No Confidence in the Government
    Proposed by: TheDefiniteArticle MP (Soc)
    Seconded by: cranbrook_aspie MP (Lab), cBay MP (Grn), DMcGovern MP (Soc), Quamquam123 MP (Lab), EricAteYou (Lab), JoeL1994 (Lab)

This House has no confidence in Her Majesty’s Government.

The reasons are the same as in the recently withdrawn MoNC here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4221846

This is linked, rather than copied, to avoid plagiarising the author, who may not wish his work, or his contribution to the work, to be plagiarised.

Speaker's Note: Given the significance of this poll and the fact it will be hidden, I will automatically be asking for a list of voters which I can cross-check.

ReputationRep:
    TheDefiniteArticle The budget is practically ready, we're now only working on the presentation. If you're willing to abstain, wait for it before you cast your vote.

ReputationRep:
    AYE! Down with traitorous scum!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Still no budget and we see tonight the government let a bill expire just to send it to vote with no changes. Making it obvious there is a lack of orginisation in the government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    AYE! Down with traitorous scum!
    Erm, sorry, but this is not a VoNC in you, but the government. Awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Erm, sorry, but this is not a VoNC in you, but the government. Awkward.
    Whilst I do not admire the Prime Ministers disgraceful and incompetent government, I very much do admire his comedic abilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Whilst I do not admire the Prime Ministers disgraceful and incompetent government, I very much do admire his comedic abilities.

ReputationRep:
    lol

again

this is not how to politic

you guys need to stop taking game of thrones srs

ReputationRep:
    There are many reasons to bring down a government and indeed there may or may not be credible reasons to bring down this government.. however, this MoNC contained none of those. This MoNC is symbolic of the bitterness that has developed in our fair House in that it's reasoning is based on policy differences and light accusation rather than credible hard reasoning.

I ask that this House reject this motion. Not because they especially like this government nor because it's the greatest government the Mhoc has seen (it's not) but because not being perfect is not enough of a reason to bring this government down.

I remain true to my word. If this House symbolically rejects the lowering of standards surrounding a MoNC and the bitterness and tit for tat that we have seen develop then as a man of my word i will enter discussions with all parties with the aim of thrashing out solutions, amendments and whatever else is required to improve the game,

Rakas
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    At least if this MoNC fails there'll be slightly less pressure on the next government Labour is a part of. Of course that government will be vastly better anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    At least if this MoNC fails there'll be slightly less pressure on the next government Labour is a part of. Of course that government will be vastly better anyway.
    That's essentially my point. The ability to MoNC a government should exist but there should be reasonable thresholds that set an unremarkable and incompetent government apart. That's not to say a government should coast of course.

ReputationRep:
    Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. I thought that too and now I have to be begging for time and support despite having a capable team, though one composed of members who have had issues or simply prioritised other aspects of their lives over their MHoC activity. I don't think the members of the current government are less capable than you, and the same can happen to you. The history clearly shows it's mostly the same, only with different policies.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    That's essentially my point. The ability to MoNC a government should exist but there should be reasonable thresholds that set an unremarkable and incompetent government apart. That's not to say a government should coast of course.
    The issue of setting a minimum is that a government would aim for the minimum to just keep power and not have to worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The issue of setting a minimum is that a government would aim for the minimum to just keep power and not have to worry.
    Tories are sharks. We aim to devour out opponents, not simply get a mouthful. It's in our mindset.

ReputationRep:
    This government is better than the second to last Labour government which was effectively brought down by a LAB/LIB dupe (whom they admitted once again, which raises at least my eyebrows), yet even that did not face three motions of no confidence in two months. I have to say the last Labour government was superior than us after I submitted the MoNC that nearly passed but prior to that… I'm not sure. Our issues are different but the overall effect likely similar.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. I thought that too and now I have to be begging for time and support despite having a capable team, though one composed of members who have had issues or simply prioritised other aspects of their lives over their MHoC activity. I don't think the members of the current government are less capable than you, and the same can happen to you. The history clearly shows it's mostly the same, only with different policies.
    I've been there pal. :laugh:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This government is better than the second to last Labour government which was effectively brought down by a LAB/LIB dupe (whom they admitted once again, which raises at least my eyebrows), yet even that did not face three motions of no confidence in two months. I have to say the last Labour government was superior than us after I submitted the MoNC that nearly passed but prior to that… I'm not sure. Our issues are different but the overall effect likely similar.
    The second to last one was just marred by errors. Infighting caused by several members who got banned and deceptions caused by duping coupled with inexperience and overeagerness of the higher ups (myself especially) were too much for it to cope with. But in the legislative sense it was not a poor government (especially once we shed ourselves of those pesky Libs ). The last Labour government was a beaut. Cheers Fez.

ReputationRep:
    The second to last one was just marred by errors. Infighting caused by several members who got banned and deceptions caused by duping coupled with inexperience and overeagerness of the higher ups (myself especially) were too much for it to cope with. But in the legislative sense it was not a poor government (especially once we shed ourselves of those pesky Libs ). The last Labour government was a beaut. Cheers Fez.
    Yeah, I have to say your grunts are actually eager to produce stuff (which is not bad if we overlook the ideology) whereas we mainly like to criticise it. Anyway, why the heck did you choose to allow the duping bane of your government back in?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah, I have to say your grunts are actually eager to produce stuff (which is not bad if we overlook the ideology) whereas we mainly like to criticise it. Anyway, why the heck did you choose to allow the duping bane of your government back in?
    Thank you for the restrained compliment.

We heard her case, voted and decided that once someone serves their time forgiveness is the best way to heal. Though I imagine the Tories might have taken a slightly different approach.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the restrained compliment.

We heard her case, voted and decided that once someone serves their time forgiveness is the best way to heal. Though I imagine the Tories might have taken a slightly different approach.
    First and foremost, I believe the Tories wouldn't have such a problem because it wasn't the right thing to do. :awesome:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.