Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    HelloI'm an EU citizen that has been living in UK for about 8 years and currently applying for Student Finance. I'm eligible to get Maintance and Tuition fee loan but they require from me evidence to confirm that I have been living in UK for more than 5 years.

    I have sended them almost everything I got, like P60's, Bank statements, confirmation of emplyement and they declined everything saying that they are copys. I have given them a call and they accepted confirmation of employement but they also said that they require more evidence. The problem is, that I dont have anything more than that. So my question is.

    Is there a possibility for a solicitor to confirm someone identity, and that this person has been living in UK and worked for more than 5 years, so Student Finance could accept it as an original document?

    Thank you very much in advance
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Hi Xivv

    We can't accept cover letters from people. All documents sent must be the original ones and not a copied version.
    We can accept DWP letters, council tax, housing benefit, utility bills, P60s, job centre letters etc.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.