Bringing younger sibblings when moving in Watch

Mr Ben
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hey, my baby sister (well she's 11, so not that much of a baby) wants to come with my parents when I move into my hall. I was just wondering if people think that's a good idea? Would it be an appropriate place to bring an 11 year old? don't want to take her somewhere where she's going to be given a bad influence.
Also, I'm scared she's going to embarass the hell out of me, she's worse than my mother than that.
Has anybody else brought/are bringing a younger sibling when they move in?

Thanks in advance

Agron
PaulaTwouble
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think it'd be a bad influence for her 'cause most people'll behave at first, you won't know each other yet & everyone's parents'll be there.
My little brother wants to come, although I think that's more to do with him wanting a day off school & I'm not sure if we will bring him...
Jozeesh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My bro will probably want to come and have a nose, cos he's really interested in going to Uni now that I'm going. He's even started looking at courses he wants to do..
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm taking my sister (although she is sixteen...I would probably take her if she was younger). It's a big change for them as well and I believe they should see where their older sibling will be living.
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't see why not. She'll only be there for a few hours anyway.
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went with my bro when he moved in, I was 9. Don't see what the problem would be - she will get very upset though! I was I didn't even see anyone else, so I don't think she'd see anyone who'd be a bad influence!
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Theres no way i want my younger siblings to come when i move in, but if you're fine with it, i cant see any problems, i doubt there will be any bad influeneces etc.
Ronove
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My 11 year old monster will be coming as well I think. She also likes to embarrass me as much as possible by telling complete strangers inappropriate things about my private life...
Shockley
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Agron)
Hey, my baby sister (well she's 11, so not that much of a baby) wants to come with my parents when I move into my hall. I was just wondering if people think that's a good idea? Would it be an appropriate place to bring an 11 year old? don't want to take her somewhere where she's going to be given a bad influence.
Also, I'm scared she's going to embarass the hell out of me, she's worse than my mother than that.
Has anybody else brought/are bringing a younger sibling when they move in?

Thanks in advance

Agron
Sorry to disappoint you but there won't be much chance of sex, drugs and rock and roll on moving in day, let me assure you....
yikes__
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
your sister will be an extra pair of hands to help move in!! take full advantage! x
FadeToBlackout
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
But, on the other hand, will take up valuable car space!

When I moved in it was literally just me and my dad, to be able to fit stuff in.
hermaphrodite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^^^^not if you buy all ur stuff when you get there - thats what i did - i only had one suitcase when i moved - and took it up by train. when i got to Uni - ibrought everything from there . . .so much easier and saves money (ie extra cost cost of petrol)
Ronove
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My stepdad is hoping to rent a van and take a couple of large Italian men with him, with me, mum and my sister in the car. This isn't because I have tons of stuff - he wants to go to Calais via Bristol when we go. :rolleyes: There is a slight problem with this plan which is that I'll take way too much stuff due to the available car and van space and not be able to get it back home when the time comes!
PaulaTwouble
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My older sister's coming too & she'll drive so my brother can go in her car, therefore not taking up any car space ^_^
Tomber
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I took my little brother, it was fine, the drunken debauchery doesn't start till later
Mr Ben
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Thanks guys, I guess I'll bring her then, was just worried about excessive amount of language etc. but if you think it'd be fine then thats good enough for me, and I do like the idea of another pair of hands to help with the moving in.
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
dont worry my brother was with me when I moved in (he's 10) and he also stayed with me for a few days when we were having family problems.. which of course I kept him well hidden from the staff :ninja:
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You need to look at it the other way too. Make sure she doesn't get in the way. When I first moved in to my house one of my housemates took her 10 year old twin brothers with her and they were running about everywhere and it was a bit annoying.

I think most people would have the consideration not to use bad language around kids anyway especially on the day they are moving in because they wont want to make a bad impression.
Miss~Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
helloo, i took my 11 year old sister with me on my moving in day and it was fine, its ur room, you can have whoever you like in there
Enchanté
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My brothers will probably be coming when I move in, that should be interesting...
Seeing as one of them likes to shout things about me all the time embarassing or what hehe:p:
I have three though so hopefully a family member could look after one of them:p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise