Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got a wedding invitation last week from a top lad who's getting married next month. I've only been to like 2 weddings in my lifetime. The last wedding I went to - I felt like I could've done a bit better. My outfit wasn't bad, but it was meh.

This time I'm thinking about renting a suit. Since I feel like the formal clothes I have are torn and frayed in my eyes, even though they may not look that way to some people. I was thinking about going with a simple black and white with a bow tie.

But I'm curious on what you guys would wear to a wedding or can suggest something for me.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I got a wedding invitation last week from a top lad who's getting married next month. I've only been to like 2 weddings in my lifetime. The last wedding I went to - I felt like I could've done a bit better. My outfit wasn't bad, but it was meh.

This time I'm thinking about renting a suit. Since I feel like the formal clothes I have are torn and frayed in my eyes, even though they may not look that way to some people. I was thinking about going with a simple black and white with a bow tie.

But I'm curious on what you guys would wear to a wedding or can suggest something for me.
    Simple black suit sounds like a good shout

ReputationRep:
    (Just a suggestion)

Navy suit with a light blue shirt and a dark Navy tie (long and thin so you don't look like an old man...).

I really like that combination on guys!

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    (Just a suggestion)

Navy suit with a light blue shirt and a dark Navy tie (long and thin so you don't look like an old man...).

I really like that combination on guys!
    Let me guess...with brown brogues for shoes as well?

ReputationRep:
    No, black ones silly!

I could totally work in a mens suit shop!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I think you could add a waistcoat if you're feeling it...

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    No, black ones silly!

I could totally work in a mens suit shop!
    I usually see guys in brown colour ones, when wearing navy/light blue. Hearing black is a first. I wish I knew what the weather will be like on the wedding day. Perhaps I should have a pocket watch with its chain lingering across the waistcoat too? For showmanship?

What do you think of guys with bow ties?

ReputationRep:
    I usually see guys in brown colour ones, when wearing navy/light blue. Hearing black is a first. I wish I knew what the weather will be like on the wedding day. Perhaps I should have a pocket watch with its chain lingering across the waistcoat too? For showmanship?

What do you think of guys with bow ties?
    I prefere black. It looks very clean, but brown is okay too. Bow ties are okay, I've never been a fan, I think longer skinny ties look nicer.

Add in a fedora, along with a long trench coat, a brolly type umbrella should set you up just fine!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    -_-

ReputationRep:
    If you're just a guest a normal suit and tie are fine. not sure about a bow tie though?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.