Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I got a wedding invitation last week from a top lad who's getting married next month. I've only been to like 2 weddings in my lifetime. The last wedding I went to - I felt like I could've done a bit better. My outfit wasn't bad, but it was meh.

This time I'm thinking about renting a suit. Since I feel like the formal clothes I have are torn and frayed in my eyes, even though they may not look that way to some people. I was thinking about going with a simple black and white with a bow tie.

But I'm curious on what you guys would wear to a wedding or can suggest something for me.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I got a wedding invitation last week from a top lad who's getting married next month. I've only been to like 2 weddings in my lifetime. The last wedding I went to - I felt like I could've done a bit better. My outfit wasn't bad, but it was meh.

This time I'm thinking about renting a suit. Since I feel like the formal clothes I have are torn and frayed in my eyes, even though they may not look that way to some people. I was thinking about going with a simple black and white with a bow tie.

But I'm curious on what you guys would wear to a wedding or can suggest something for me.
    Simple black suit sounds like a good shout

ReputationRep:
    (Just a suggestion)

Navy suit with a light blue shirt and a dark Navy tie (long and thin so you don't look like an old man...).

I really like that combination on guys!

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    (Just a suggestion)

Navy suit with a light blue shirt and a dark Navy tie (long and thin so you don't look like an old man...).

I really like that combination on guys!
    Let me guess...with brown brogues for shoes as well?

ReputationRep:
    No, black ones silly!

I could totally work in a mens suit shop!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I think you could add a waistcoat if you're feeling it...

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    No, black ones silly!

I could totally work in a mens suit shop!
    I usually see guys in brown colour ones, when wearing navy/light blue. Hearing black is a first. I wish I knew what the weather will be like on the wedding day. Perhaps I should have a pocket watch with its chain lingering across the waistcoat too? For showmanship?

What do you think of guys with bow ties?

ReputationRep:
    I usually see guys in brown colour ones, when wearing navy/light blue. Hearing black is a first. I wish I knew what the weather will be like on the wedding day. Perhaps I should have a pocket watch with its chain lingering across the waistcoat too? For showmanship?

What do you think of guys with bow ties?
    I prefere black. It looks very clean, but brown is okay too. Bow ties are okay, I've never been a fan, I think longer skinny ties look nicer.

Add in a fedora, along with a long trench coat, a brolly type umbrella should set you up just fine!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    -_-
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you're just a guest a normal suit and tie are fine. not sure about a bow tie though?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.