The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

What's everyone preparing for KSS next week?
Original post by PharmPharm9
There was quite a few people on the day of my interview and it was held over 2 days, so there must have interviewed a number of people. In their booklet, it said 89 people were offered an interview last year as a region for 28/29 spots, with roughly 290 applications. Should be the same number this year.

The clinical wasn't topic specfic per se, more like here is a drug, the BNF and the PIL, counsel a patient on it for 5mins. The drug chart was standard drugs, asking you can you identify any clinical issues?

Don't worry too much about it. Do you mind if i ask where you have your interview next week, have one too!

I think there were 164 applicants this year because they forgot to hide the recipients in one of the emails they sent us!
The clinical questions bit is what I'm struggling on..if I go over common interactions on a drug chart and warfarin counselling..what else is there 🙈
Reply 723
Original post by ae11
I know it's so awful! But hopefully it will be alright, thank you your advice!
How's your application process going? I hope very well!

It's going ok! Had a UCL interview, Kingston and KSS coming up soon (ahh!)
Reply 724
Original post by fatdick
Has anyone heard back from UCL??

They told me earliest we'll hear
back is Monday.
Original post by Jin3011
When is your interview?

Have you been asked to do a presentation?

It's at the end of sept, I have PM'd you back :smile: you are really helpful x
I have an interview on Tuesday with St. George's.. but have no idea about their style of interview and how to prepare for it?
I would appreciate any form of help with this matter :smile:

Miss Dior
Original post by littleangel9914
Anyone have an interview for the Birmingham/West midlands hospitals next week?
All I have is an a time and date and nothing about structure or length of interview😬

Clueless too lol
anyone had an interview for wales? ?
Original post by Cookiesx
Wales and Plymouth.

How have you been preparing?

is your wales interview on the 20th?
Hi guys, I've got an interview coming up with St. Georges on Tuesday. Was wondering if anyone else here has an interview there too, or if anyone has any pointers as to how to prepare for questions, and the kinds of things they may ask. This will be my first interview so not too sure what to expect!
Reply 731
Anyone know how the South West interview? Got interviews for Bournemouth, Poole and Torbay next week and not sure how to prepare!
Original post by nabeel1231
Hi guys, I've got an interview coming up with St. Georges on Tuesday. Was wondering if anyone else here has an interview there too, or if anyone has any pointers as to how to prepare for questions, and the kinds of things they may ask. This will be my first interview so not too sure what to expect!

Same, I got an interview on Tuesdays with St. George's..
I don't even know how long it will be..

Miss Dior
Reply 733
Original post by nabeel1231

I have an interview with St George's too and I have no idea what to expect or prepare on but someone posted a few pages back that during the open day they said they won't expect us to know much so it won't really be clinical.
Reply 734
Does anyone know what the new pharmacy contract actually is? And how it would affect hospital pharmacy? Please and thank you!*
Reply 735
So how are people preparing for the TLC stage 2 interview? Will it be similar to Thames valley you reckon?
Hi - just wanted to ask because I want to apply for the foundation year in science and the after go do pharmacy would it be necessary to have work experience in a pharmacy first and put it in my personal statement
or should i do it later in the summer?
because i'm not really applying for pharmacy yet?
or shall i do the work exp now?
Original post by goal101
Hi - just wanted to ask because I want to apply for the foundation year in science and the after go do pharmacy would it be necessary to have work experience in a pharmacy first and put it in my personal statement
or should i do it later in the summer?
because i'm not really applying for pharmacy yet?
or shall i do the work exp now?

Hi,

If you can get some work experience with a pharmacist now, it'll look better for your personal statement as you can show dedication to study pharmacy.
Anyone had an interview at Colchester? panel based? the email made it sound like it was only going to be done with the principal pharmacist? freaking out a bit know :redface:
Reply 739
Original post by Wingbbbbbb2
Ethical dilemmas?! 😨 Do you mind to give me an example of what they asked?

Stuff like if a patient's relative comes in 15 mins after the visitor's time and they have a genuine reason like transportation delays, do you let them in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending