Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why should the divine Creator(if he/she/it be existent) be concerned with human morality?
    Why should the Universal Cause be a dictator of right and wrong for an insignificant species living in an insignificant planet in the whole damn universe?
    More extensively, should the Supreme Divinity at all be classified right or good, by the tenets of human morality?
    Answer Kant scholars, why make God the Universal Cause but foster ethics in his name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarshTiw)
    Why should the divine Creator(if he/she/it be existent) be concerned with human morality?
    Why should the Universal Cause be a dictator of right and wrong for an insignificant species living in an insignificant planet in the whole damn universe?
    More extensively, should the Supreme Divinity at all be classified right or good, by the tenets of human morality?
    Answer Kant scholars, why make God the Universal Cause but foster ethics in his name?
    If this is philosophical, you should accept that god exists, next that he is huge and monstrously powerful, that when his cakes don't rise he can smash them to bits and still love his cakes. Only then can you try to fathom god's concern about what we do in the bedroom, how to wipe, what to eat and whether we communicate with snakes or ants. What can we actually understand about the motives of a god who we invent, who we divest with any power that makes him infallible?

ReputationRep:
    It needn't be said that those assumptions about God are nothing but bogus. To add my bit to the last part-why invent a God or make him infallible? why not make the "Divine Father" pass the test of reason he seems to have endowed us with? Instead of saying God loves us and guides us on the right path, Why not ask, what is God like or is he there?

Quoting my religion's holiest scripture-

Rig Veda 10:129.6-7-
    Who really knows? Who will here proclaim it?
    Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation?The gods came afterwards.
    Whence this creation has arisen- perhaps it formed itself, or perhaps it did not-the one who looks down on it,in the highest heaven, only he knows -or perhaps he does not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarshTiw)
    Do you mean 'why would God bother with holding humanity to a moral standard?'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very good question which I'm not quite sure on the answer. Maybe it was just bored, but that's not my main issue, my main issue is the power that God is supposed to have. I feel as if God exists then due to its power it has a massive amount of control over humanity, with what it can do if you don't live to it's morals. I just hope that if God does exist, then it is a real & "good" God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    Do you mean 'why would God bother with holding humanity to a moral standard?'
    Probably more like there being no way to tell what human morals (flexible as they are already) could mean to God, that it is misguided to ascribe him anything of the sort. It may be a bitter pill to swallow but had humanity always lived in the land of milk and honey and nothing would ever have got done. Anyway, we've only just come out of the jungle and these things can take time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhog)
    Probably more like there being no way to tell what human morals (flexible as they are already) could mean to God, that it is misguided to ascribe him anything of the sort. It may be a bitter pill to swallow but had humanity always lived in the land of milk and honey and nothing would ever have got done. Anyway, we've only just come out of the jungle and these things can take time.
    Exactly, that is what I mean.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.