Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So it's going to be my 15th birthday on August 11th and I plan to go to the cinemas to see the Suicide Squad movie with two friends. Both of them are older than me, both born in November 2000. The thing is, I feel like I'm going to get id'd cos I seem to think I look younger. Me and one of my friends is bringing id in case we get asked, but my other one is reluctant to. However he is half a foot taller than us, he has a really deep voice and he looks quite old for his age, I think. Do you think they would Id him as well (if Id'd me), even tho it's more than likely he is 15 in their eyes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solo12313)
    So it's going to be my 15th birthday on August 11th and I plan to go to the cinemas to see the Suicide Squad movie with two friends. Both of them are older than me, both born in November 2000. The thing is, I feel like I'm going to get id'd cos I seem to think I look younger. Me and one of my friends is bringing id in case we get asked, but my other one is reluctant to. However he is half a foot taller than us, he has a really deep voice and he looks quite old for his age, I think. Do you think they would Id him as well (if Id'd me), even tho it's more than likely he is 15 in their eyes?
    How tall are you and if you don't mind me asking you are you a male or female?

Because one of my younger sister is literally like 16 and people always think she is 20 - and she was offered champagne too :P. She gave me her tips.

If you are a guy, then look no further. The trick is to look confident. Stand tall and strong and if you are fat or built it is a big plus. Although, it is all about confidence. Oh and the clothes you wear. Don't wear some stupid snapback and converse - you will easily sell yourself as some young wet boy. Rather wear a casual shirt and suitable shoes - shades may help too.

Please try and keep it legal - I am sure you can come to some agreement or at least take a parent. I am only advising you and I feel a bit guilty already but hey :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that tall, I'm 5ft 5.5, but I'm bringing Id with me, as well as my friend. The movie is 15 btw. The other one, who's almost six foot, and is naturally broad and stocky, is the one who has no form of id (since he's never been to a foreign since gaining British citizenship. We are legal as far as I'm concerned. The two younger looking ones out of the three of use are bringing ID (and the one without id is actually the oldest). I'm just a little anxious in case if they're that strict that they won't let him in with me and my friend being so young looking, despite both of my friends getting into many 15 movies without the need of ID. It's just I think I will give this impression that my friends are younger because I look too young.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.