Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In a few days time I will be leaving the UK for about 3 weeks or so to go to the other side of the world.

My cousins always wanted me to come down and I have always rejected UNTIL recently when I got my first class degree. I booked the ticket and it did cost me a bit - but I don't care.

The thing is, they don't know I am coming and I only told one of their parents - who he himself agreed not to tell them. He said he will pick me up at the airport. What is the best way to surprise them? Should I tell them all that I am coming now?

I don't want them to get mad but I want to get a thrill out of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timokane5)
    In a few days time I will be leaving the UK for about 3 weeks or so to go to the other side of the world.

My cousins always wanted me to come down and I have always rejected UNTIL recently when I got my first class degree. I booked the ticket and it did cost me a bit - but I don't care.

The thing is, they don't know I am coming and I only told one of their parents - who he himself agreed not to tell them. He said he will pick me up at the airport. What is the best way to surprise them? Should I tell them all that I am coming now?

I don't want them to get mad but I want to get a thrill out of it

Ah this sounds amazing!

Personally, I would let the suprise go ahead, ie, don't tell them. It would be absolutely priceless to see how they react.
    That being said you want to make sure they are around when you are there, so maybe ask the parent you are in contact with to confirm this?

Good luck! And keep us posted on how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orlanda)
    Ah this sounds amazing!

Personally, I would let the suprise go ahead, ie, don't tell them. It would be absolutely priceless to see how they react.
    That being said you want to make sure they are around when you are there, so maybe ask the parent you are in contact with to confirm this?

Good luck! And keep us posted on how it goes
    Yeah, he said they will all be around. He is usually good with this sort of thing as he is a laidback and chill guy. Most of my cousins are scared off him for some bizarre reason and they always listen to him. I think he wants a slice of the action too :P.

I was thinking off knocking on one of their doors and then go to the other persons house and knock there too.

I am super excited because no one knows and I want it to stay like that. My first proper surprise. Any other tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timokane5)
    Yeah, he said they will all be around. He is usually good with this sort of thing as he is a laidback and chill guy. Most of my cousins are scared off him for some bizarre reason and they always listen to him. I think he wants a slice of the action too :P.

I was thinking off knocking on one of their doors and then go to the other persons house and knock there too.

I am super excited because no one knows and I want it to stay like that. My first proper surprise. Any other tips?
    Knocking on the door sounds good. You could try watching suprise videos on YouTube and get an idea of what people do. Casey Neistat's is on of the best, he goes to SA to suprise his then girlfriend (now wife) and just walks into her room - her reaction is perfect. Obviously you may not just want to walk into one of their rooms but you can find a lot of inspiration online.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.