american student in the UK Watch

elliott18picone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i am looking to go to university in britian, would i be be treated poorly as an american by other people or would i be welcomed? i have no idea what to expect.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I can't imagine you'd be treated poorly, not by most people anyway. But there are **** heads everywhere and some people are just mean to anyone and everyone.

You may need to get used to British humour though, sometimes little insults are meant as friendly digs or "banter". I've known some Americans to get offended by this and take it personally.
elliott18picone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by SophieSmall)
I can't imagine you'd be treated poorly, not by most people anyway. But there are **** heads everywhere and some people are just mean to anyone and everyone.

You may need to get used to British humour though, sometimes little insults are meant as friendly digs or "banter". I've known some Americans to get offended by this and take it personally.
thank you so much haha! I'm sure there are idiots, I've met my fair share here lol. part of the reason i want to come over to britain is because i love the culture and the humor! so hopefully i won't be bothered by that haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (813)
80.5%
Leave (197)
19.5%

Watched Threads