Turn on thread page Beta

Anonymous because I'd rather some people didnt know.

I used to be able to drink quite abit, but now for some reason Ive gone off it. Whenever I drink now I just make that face like Im sucking a lemon and cough a little.

Whats wrong with me

ReputationRep:
    (btw, you forgot to tick anonymous! )

I'm exactly the same. My alcohol tolerance has gone completly down- but thats because I don't drink regularly anymore (which is a good thing!). Is that the reason for you? Or have you just gone completly off it for no reason?

(Original post by Dramatic Star)
    (btw, you forgot to tick anonymous! )

I'm exactly the same. My alcohol tolerance has gone completly down- but thats because I don't drink regularly anymore (which is a good thing!). Is that the reason for you? Or have you just gone completly off it for no reason?
    I did tick it, it didnt work

I dont know, I want to drink, but I did for a while drink alot, could that be the reason?

I havent drunk in 2weeks until yesterday, it was the same. I found it hard to drink a double vodka unless I sipped it. Also my stomach feels a bit upset afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    I really can't explain that. Maybe its you bodies way of telling you you're drinking too much?

ReputationRep:
    If you can't drink to damage your liver perhaps you should try stabbing it with a rusty screwdriver?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe hold off on the double vodkas. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think if we drink it alot we get used to it. And therfore we we stay off it for a while we lose the 'handling powers' for it. Or that happens with me anyway. I'd try weaker and less amount of alcohol if I was you.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Theres nothing wrong with not being able to drink loads. It is ok to drink soft drinks as well you know :rolleyes: And a darned sight cheaper too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beach surf babe)
    Theres nothing wrong with not being able to drink loads. It is ok to drink soft drinks as well you know :rolleyes: And a darned sight cheaper too...
    In a club that I went to the other day a single vodka and coke was £1.50 and a normal vodka and coke was £1.35 =P

Therer are loads of reasons that you have lost your tolerance to alcohol, the most common is stopping binging. I used to drink a lot in my first year at uni, so much so that I couldn't taste the vodka in a double, but I went on antibiotics for 4 months and when I started drinking again I could taste even the smallest amounts. But it's not a bad thing, Im sure my liver is a lot happier now.

Why do you see it as a problem?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have much tolerance for large quantities of alcohol anymore.

That's why when I get in from a club I throw it all back up...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think laying off drinking causes us to loose our tolerance for it. Based on a few things I've read (and my own limited experience) I think that drinking a lot over time lessens our tolerance and a bunch of bingeing eventually kills it. Could it simply be a coincidence that this happened after laying off for a bit?

(Original post by A72)
    I don't think laying off drinking causes us to loose our tolerance for it. Based on a few things I've read (and my own limited experience) I think that drinking a lot over time lessens our tolerance and a bunch of bingeing eventually kills it. Could it simply be a coincidence that this happened after laying off for a bit?
    No but I used to drink alot...and now all of a sudden I cant drink it properly anymore.

I used to be able to down a Double Vodka coke in one go, now I can only take sips.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Maybe its a sign your body has had enough of it? Just take it easy and lay off the drinks for a while, let your body repair itself.

ReputationRep:
    you could try drinking alcohol instead

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.