Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering what is the songwriting course audition like? and what does it entail? im applying for 2017 and just wanted some pointers on what to expect for when the time comes
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to ask exactly the same on here! My audition is this weekend and I'm pretty, pretty nervous, it explains on the website what to expect but it would be nice to have some advice from someone who has been through it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chesca P)
    I wanted to ask exactly the same on here! My audition is this weekend and I'm pretty, pretty nervous, it explains on the website what to expect but it would be nice to have some advice from someone who has been through it all
    Hey Chesca I had my interview a few weeks ago and seriously you have nothing to worry about firstly they just ask you specific questions about what you want to achieve from this degree and what your main instrument is and how long you've played for. Simple questions that you can anwser there is no trick question so no worries

then you either present your songs performed and recorded just so they can get a sense of where you're at and your writing skills xD it best to ask them at the interview if they have any tips to give you so that you can use that progress indeprendantly in your own time

Then you have a theory test which is out of 20, i advice you to pratice if your not so great at music theory.

i wish you all the best! if you have anymore questions / feel free to email me at [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    What type of question should will they as long roughly? Is it a written test? I had been told that I had to do some scales and sight reading also?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.