Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nervous about GCSE results day Watch

ReputationRep:
    I cannot enjoy the holidays I feel really unwell thinking about this.I don't think my additional language GCSE went that well due to grammatical issues and my french GCSE listening went well as I was so nervous.I know I cannot do anything about it anymore.I worked really hard in history but on the second paper I waffled on too much and my handwriting was quite bad.I am really scared my parents only want A/A* I am scared I put in the hours so I want to reap the rewards the whole wait is so punishable it ruins the holidays they may as well make as go to school during august and july and give us the same amount of holidays after results day.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I'm sure it'll be okay. I didn't do some of my French and ICT coursework so I'm nervous too.

My parents say as long as this is your best efforts they don't mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    I'm sure it'll be okay. I didn't do some of my French and ICT coursework so I'm nervous too.

My parents say as long as this is your best efforts they don't mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My parents do not care if i tried my best because if it is not an A or an A* it means i have not tried my best unfortunately they are hard to win over.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Just say they put the mark scheme up or you're not strong in that subject

ReputationRep:
    Just say they put the mark scheme up or you're not strong in that subject
    I am not sure what world you live in.My parents do not care if I am not strong in a subject I work on it and I became strong if it is not an A it is not good enough no excuses yu take responsiblity for failure.

ReputationRep:
    If your religious pray, that's the only thing you can do instead of worrying.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I am not sure what world you live in.My parents do not care if I am not strong in a subject I work on it and I became strong if it is not an A it is not good enough no excuses yu take responsiblity for failure.
    What can they do though? Seriously you can't redo, they can't change anything and they can't hold it against you for too long because in two years you can go university and get as far away from them as possible.

Tell them to be grateful what they got, my friend tries to hard and still can't get C's.

And if they do anything bad there is child line and social services for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    What can they do though? Seriously you can't redo, they can't change anything and they can't hold it against you for too long because in two years you can go university and get as far away from them as possible.

Tell them to be grateful what they got, my friend tries to hard and still can't get C's.

And if they do anything bad there is child line and social services for a reason.
    I don't want to disappoint them ok.I want to make them proud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I cannot enjoy the holidays I feel really unwell thinking about this.I don't think my additional language GCSE went that well due to grammatical issues and my french GCSE listening went well as I was so nervous.I know I cannot do anything about it anymore.I worked really hard in history but on the second paper I waffled on too much and my handwriting was quite bad.I am really scared my parents only want A/A* I am scared I put in the hours so I want to reap the rewards the whole wait is so punishable it ruins the holidays they may as well make as go to school during august and july and give us the same amount of holidays after results day.
    What date is results day this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    25th August

ReputationRep:
    Work hard for your A levels then. Use this as your motivation.
    If you've done your best and don't end up getting the grade you don't want.
    That is life I'm afraid and you have to move on. Worrying for a bit is natural but spending the entire summer worrying? You are wasting your life. You are going to look back and think why did I get so worked up over it.
    Learn from it and smash your A level exams.
    A levels are waaay more important than GCSEs.

If it makes you feel any better. I thought I would miss the grade I wanted for English literature.
    It ended up being my third best GCSE result.
    I thought all the BS I came up with was too crap to even warrant marks. I waffled on and I didn't think I answered the question properly.
    You may surprise yourself! If you know you are capable of getting a high grade you'll probably get it.

ReputationRep:
    I understand what you mean I'm worried about my results to. My mum says she doesn't care but you can tell she does, if I got a C in something she would always say oh you can do better than that.

But the bottom line is, you tried your hardest, if they aren't happy that's there problem, you have done your best to make them proud. Don't wallow in self pity look at your grades when you get them and think if you personally are proud of them then. That is all that matters.

Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.