Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The US State Department has added the Continuity IRA to its list of foreign terrorist (sic) organisations. (BBC news)

Why do the Americans interfere with the internal affairs of other countries? I was told a story of how they suddenly attacked some Muslim guy who never knew the USA disliked him. Then he hit them back...

I just hope that all these freedom fighting organisations Bush and other morons like him want to go about banning and attacking get together and hit Bush and his cronies even half as hard as they deserve (and that would take all the nukes in the world concentrated in his rectum)...

Bush is one evil, evil lunatic and the world will not ever be safe while he remains in control of such a massive war machine. If he doesn't kill us all, he'll piss someone else off so much that they will...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Why do the Americans interfere with the internal affairs of other countries?
    The British did it. The Nazis did it. The Romans did it. If (as I suspect) China gains more economic and military power, they'll do it. 'tis a sad part of human nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    The British did it. The Nazis did it. The Romans did it. If (as I suspect) China gains more economic and military power, they'll do it. 'tis a sad part of human nature.
    If so, human nature sucks... Why can't we all just get on with each other?

ReputationRep:
    The US State Department has added the Continuity IRA to its list of foreign terrorist (sic) organisations. (BBC news)

Why do the Americans interfere with the internal affairs of other countries?
    Does adding something to a list constitute as interference? I think not. I'm sure the Continuity IRA appeared on other US governmental lists which were made less public. They're simply making observations about what they perceive as a terrorist organisation in another country.

I just hope that all these freedom fighting organisations Bush and other morons like him want to go about banning and attacking get together and hit Bush and his cronies even half as hard as they deserve (and that would take all the nukes in the world concentrated in his rectum)...
    So you're suggesting the hierarchy of command in the US should be killed, basically? Consider for a moment, the response such an act would be met with. The scale of war waged by the US would rise in magnitude by a considerable amount. The interference in internal affairs of other countries by the US, which you seemed so concerned about, would really rather rise.

Bush is one evil, evil lunatic and the world will not ever be safe while he remains in control of such a massive war machine. If he doesn't kill us all, he'll piss someone else off so much that they will...
    Of course, an alternative interpretation could be that he is a provider of liberation and democracy to a nation which have been under the iron fist of a despotic and brutal dictator for the last few decades.

...Equally unlikely, but hopefully you see my point - you put forward your slant on things, and a rather illy extrapolated one at that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Does adding something to a list constitute as interference?
    Yes, it makes a supposedly neutral country take sides in a conflict which is nothing to do with them (our personal views on the conflict aside, America is not a player)...

(Original post by Alec)
    So you're suggesting the hierarchy of command in the US should be killed, basically? Consider for a moment, the response such an act would be met with. The scale of war waged by the US would rise in magnitude by a considerable amount. The interference in internal affairs of other countries by the US, which you seemed so concerned about, would really rather rise..
    No, I am not suggesting that, it would probably be counter productive as Bush'd be replaced by someone even more hard-line and deranged... He does deserve to stand trial for war crimes against the Afgans, Iraqis, etc, however...

(Original post by Alec)
    Of course, an alternative interpretation could be that he is a provider of liberation and democracy to a nation which have been under the iron fist of a despotic and brutal dictator for the last few decades.

...Equally unlikely, but hopefully you see my point - you put forward your slant on things, and a rather illy extrapolated one at that.

Great, I'd love Stalin to save me from Hitler...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it makes a supposedly neutral country take sides in a conflict which is nothing to do with them (our personal views on the conflict aside, America is not a player)...
    Who said they're supposedly neutral? The US is the political ally of Britain, not some two-bit terrorist organisation. The US is at war with terrorism, not Middle Eastern terrorism (although clearly this appears their priority). By that very definition - I am a friend of the enemy of my enemy (provided they're don't stand for the same principles as my enemy).

No, I am not suggesting that, it would probably be counter productive as Bush'd be replaced by someone even more hard-line and deranged... He does deserve to stand trial for war crimes against the Afgans, Iraqis, etc, however...
    Admittedly, the legality of the war is questionable - but what war crimes which have been endorsed by Bush have been committed during the actual campaign(s)?

Great, I'd love Stalin to save me from Hitler...
    Stalin to Hitlier...
    Hussein to Democratic Iraqi Government...

I fail to see the parallel. Bush hasn't become the President of Iraq, you know.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.