The Student Room Group

How to be confident with girls?

I used to be confident with girls, up until the first year of dating my ex, who completely ruined my confidence and left me being a nervous wreck around them. On the third year of dating my ex, she made me believe that I was no good, could never make a girl happy and that I was a waste of space. I have met two girls since ending our relationship, the first girl I was a jerk to and the second I was too nervous around and though I never dated them, they both put me as their past, though with the second girl, she asked me for a hug first.

I just have no confidence with girls anymore and haven't had for about five years now(I'm 25).
Original post by Mike_91
I used to be confident with girls, up until the first year of dating my ex, who completely ruined my confidence and left me being a nervous wreck around them. On the third year of dating my ex, she made me believe that I was no good, could never make a girl happy and that I was a waste of space. I have met two girls since ending our relationship, the first girl I was a jerk to and the second I was too nervous around and though I never dated them, they both put me as their past, though with the second girl, she asked me for a hug first.

I just have no confidence with girls anymore and haven't had for about five years now(I'm 25).

Dont worry, just try and forget about ur ex i mean im sure that u are not any of those bad things she made u to believe and that once u get over what she made u believe, then u would become just like u were before and find someone who likes u for who u are :smile:
I would highly recommend therapy/counselling.

When it comes to forming relationships with women, my ex ****ed me up big-time. I couldn't even be friends with other girls because she was so insecure, and four years of not engaging with women took it's toll on me I can assure you. Not only that, but she made me feel like an unattractive piece of crap over the years.

Fortunately therapy/counselling has helped with that to some degree. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting there. Fact of the matter is, so long as you put yourself into social situations with women and TALK to them with no goal in mind, you'll get right back where you want to be.

You'll be fine buddy. Chin up and keep moving forward!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending