Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite pencil watch

ReputationRep:
    My beloved yellow/transparent mechanical pencil died irreversibly the day before my Physics exam... talk about a bad omen :p: I don't even know where I could get a new one, because it was a present years and years ago.

RIP, mechanical yellow pencil of delight.

>_>

ReputationRep:
    I feel your loss. When my mech pencil broke I was lost. Other ones just aren't the same.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember the last time I used a pencil :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm very sorry for your loss. A couple of years ago my favourite ink pen passed away so I understand how you must be feeling. Maybe we should have a celebration of its life - discuss its finest moments etc.?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm... I really can't decide which is my favourite pencil, though I like reasonably hard but quite black.

2B or not 2B? That is the question.

ReputationRep:
    2B or not 2B? That is the question.
    2H for starter sketches followed by a 2b for outlines =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hang_your_heart)
    I'm very sorry for your loss. A couple of years ago my favourite ink pen passed away so I understand how you must be feeling. Maybe we should have a celebration of its life - discuss its finest moments etc.?
    Although it's a grand idea, I think that part might end up being slightly limited... on the superhero-story-pencil scale, my mechanical pencil was kind of like the best friend who has no idea what's really going on, but it nice and supportive all the way through, and rarely does anything vastly unexpected. Not like the main-superhero character who goes off to jump over buildings and threaten bad guys into whimpering submission - that would be a very distracting property for a pencil to posess, especially in an exam context.

I was too attached to this pencil, wasn't I? But I never named it.

ReputationRep:
    I always lover the "Noris" pencils as when your bored you can change them to "Boris/Horis/Nobis" etc... hours of immature fun!

ReputationRep:
    Surely everyone's favourite pencil is the classic red and black steadler one, non?

ReputationRep:
    I think that's an appropriate role for a pencil to take though. They're not snobby or arrogant - they're content to simply be by your side and don't seek the spotlight themselves. You first meet them at an early age when they support you learning to write and then they just continue to be there. Is there no particularly memorable diagram you remember it being there for though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hang_your_heart)
    Is there no particularly memorable diagram you remember it being there for though?
    It was there for almost every single doodle on my folders in maths lectures, including a very bizarre dialogue about fishcakes, which culminated in a load of bemused giggles and an incredibly distainful look from our lecturer.

It was also responsible for the perils of various stickmen.

ReputationRep:
    IT LIVES! IT'S ALLIIIIIVVVEEE!

I'm not quite sure what fixed it, but the moral of the story is, if something isn't doing what you want it to, sit and poke it for hours on end until it does what you're wanting.
    Maybe this is why my siblings get irritable when I'm around.

ReputationRep:
    whats a mechanical pencil?

ReputationRep:
    *Unzips pants*

ReputationRep:
    lol!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think it has to be the good old HB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No. 9)
    I think it has to be the good old HB.
    yea i agree

ReputationRep:
    "when i was a young boy we used quill, now i use my wand to write" M.Taylor (the boy who lived...away from the shopping plaza)

ReputationRep:
    The pink I'm was once a plastic cup pencils are rubbish. They keep breaking when I sharpen them.

ReputationRep:
    my favourite pen just died RIP pen

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.