Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for Medicine and don't know which universities I can apply to. I completed my A-Levels in 2014/15 and got A*A*BB and D* in Maths, Chem, Biology, Physics and Health and Social Care respectively (Biology and HSC were completed in 2015). I had read on a few university websites that if it's been more than 2 years since the completion of A-Levels, then the applicant will have to sit for the GAMSAT instead of UKCAT. Are there any unis that still do UKCAT/BMAT that I could potentially have a chance at? Also, my GCSEs were 2A*s, 8As and 2.5 Bs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123456789012)
    I want to apply for Medicine and don't know which universities I can apply to. I completed my A-Levels in 2014/15 and got A*A*BB and D* in Maths, Chem, Biology, Physics and Health and Social Care respectively (Biology and HSC were completed in 2015). I had read on a few university websites that if it's been more than 2 years since the completion of A-Levels, then the applicant will have to sit for the GAMSAT instead of UKCAT. Are there any unis that still do UKCAT/BMAT that I could potentially have a chance at? Also, my GCSEs were 2A*s, 8As and 2.5 Bs.
    Hmmm As I'm aware, minimum A Level entry requirements is AAA, and unfortunately you got a B in bio/physics... So i'm not sure you are eligible to apply for normal medical courses. You may have to look into foundation programmes, resitting or graduate entry...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.