Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the most annoying thing you did as a child? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This should produce some fun tales of little ones degeneracy

Personally when I was a wee one about 3 if I recall the parents tale correctly I had picked up on the whole 'mine' phase and its intricacies. So one time when we had travelled back down under for a holiday and I was left in the car whilst the parents had gone to deal with something i burrowed through all the bags to locate, essentially speaking, anything of any nominal value [apparently i had grasped the concept of wealth and importance, annoyingly, erly :rolleyes:] anyway whilst I was making this mess I managed to find the families passport wallet which also happened to contain all the spending money in travellers cheques and proceeded to hide them... The parents spent the next 2 days thinking of ways to make me dissapear and get away with it and taking the car apart to find the passports and cheques. Bare in mind this was a 3 month trip spent driving around so a Defender 130 [if you've seen the 130 model with the side facing seats in the boot, you'll know it can carry rather alot and I had hidden them well] eventually said items were found but not after having to find a new hotel to stay at, missing an international flight and running out of diesel in the middle of nowhere suffice it to say the parents have yet to forgive me two decades later and it cost a small fortune to rectify the **** up :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You sure were annoying

I think I was annoyingly bossy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I used to throw stuff when I didn't get my way. I'd like to think I've grown out of that spoiled brat stage, at least for the most part
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Poke things, people, dogs.

A dog bit my finger once i poked it, but i didn't stop poking people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Poke things, people, dogs.

A dog bit my finger once i poked it, but i didn't stop poking people.
    This is hilarious.

I used to run away constantly. My mum couldn't turn around for two seconds without me running off in public. She eventually put me on one of those dog leads for children but I figured out how to undo it and I used to hook it to stuff and run off when she wasn't looking.

ReputationRep:
    I was a massive crybaby, I cried ALL da time!

it even started to annoy me after a while

ReputationRep:
    I used to change my clothes at least 6 times a day. My mum would change me out of my pyjamas in th morning but then I'd keep going upstairs to change again and again bc j would get bored with what I was wearing. I remember one day my aunt came over and shouted at me in front of all my cousins bc I kept changing my clothes, from then on I stopped doing it.

I used to get up in the middle of the night, sit outside my parents' bedroom and sing songs like "Bobby sailor went to sea with silver buckles on his knees, oh bobby won't you marry me, bobby bobby sailor" until my mum would wake up and come out.

ReputationRep:
    I used to hit people with my hair brush.

ReputationRep:
    -Cry like every day for no reason
    -Antagonise people in school including being somewhat violent/aggressive when I was particularly young..
    -Get super pissed off when someone did better than me and always rush to beat/finish before whoever was sitting next to me if we were say doing exercises from a book
    -Correct everyone on trivial things or spew pointless facts
    -Rush to put my hand up and answer questions first (this turned to when I was slightly older never putting my hand up even if I was pretty much certain of the answer)
    -Virtue signal, be a mini activist/contrarian e.g. criticising mobile phone companies for destroying environments to get materials, say how I would never swear and how it was wrong (strange one), talking about how evil religion was and how God isn't real, being condescending to people for liking reality TV and sports

basically just existing was annoying

ReputationRep:
    I used to throw stuff at anybody, once I threw a toy dinosaur at one of my brother's friend at HIS party... Hit the kid in the face and made him cry, wasn't my brightest first impression

ReputationRep:
    When I was 6 - pulling arms and legs off ants
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tianshan)
    not annoying but EVIL
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    not annoying but EVIL
    It's annoying for ants

ReputationRep:
    Exist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    not annoying but EVIL
    True, I'm ashamed of myself as child

ReputationRep:
    When I was in primary school, I used to put bars of soap in the toilets and flush them. The whole floor then got flooded with bubbles and foam. I never got caught

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I used to sulk a lot and would hide in the corner and cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianshan)
    Dude!!!
    Meh sounds like my sister who used to pull worms apart :rolleyes:
    (Original post by DonnaN)
    You sure were annoying

I think I was annoyingly bossy
    I was a complete **** as a wee one :P
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    When I first finally learnt to undress myself, I used to do it whilst my mum was using the phone box.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.