Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone,

This is quite un unusual situation. I am 17 years old and have the AAT Level 3 (eq. to 160 ucas points) under my belt.
    I didnt think i wanted to go uni but now ive decided to go in september 2017.
    Ofcourse you need around 240 - 320 ucas points to get in to a uni like mmu.

BUT, I dont want to do a levels because i want to go uni when im 18 and A levels take 2 years. When it comes to btec my local college only offers a 2 year course at the btec extended diploma in business.

So i was thinking, do you think it would be possible to study a year of the btec course and not carry on to the 2nd year and get a btec 90 credit diploma out of the course.

Will a uni like mmu would allow me to get onto an accounting and finance degree with an AAT level 3 and a BTEC 90 credit diploma in business, roughly equivalent to 360 ucas points.

Thanks alot in advance
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.