Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So a few days ago I got an email from [email protected] giving me an unconditional offer for the course I applied for. I applied direct to the uni a few months ago. The email said to accept my offer, I needed to use my UCAS track account to add a choice within 24 hours after which the offer was no longer valid but I don't have a UCAS track account as I didn't apply through UCAS cos I'm broke atm. I didn't reply to the email either because I thought it was fake. Any chance it was legit? I hope not because I might have lost my offer now and won't be going uni at all *cries*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Contact the uni directly and ask. It doesn't sound legit but I don't know much about direct applications.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there, Amanda here at BCU. If you applied directly, this does sound legit. But I would contact our admissions team to ask more about accepting if you don't have a UCAS account. It might be that this is a standard message sent automatically.
    Email [email protected] or call +44 (0)121 331 6295.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birmingham City University)
    Hi there, Amanda here at BCU. If you applied directly, this does sound legit. But I would contact our admissions team to ask more about accepting if you don't have a UCAS account. It might be that this is a standard message sent automatically.
    Email [email protected] or call +44 (0)121 331 6295.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
    Thanks, I will contact them today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you get it, samzy21?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catinsomehat)
    Did you get it, samzy21?
    Get what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)
    Get what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The offer/place, I'm assuming :P

ReputationRep:
    So a few days ago I got an email from [email protected] giving me an unconditional offer for the course I applied for. I applied direct to the uni a few months ago. The email said to accept my offer, I needed to use my UCAS track account to add a choice within 24 hours after which the offer was no longer valid but I don't have a UCAS track account as I didn't apply through UCAS cos I'm broke atm. I didn't reply to the email either because I thought it was fake. Any chance it was legit? I hope not because I might have lost my offer now and won't be going uni at all *cries*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you phone?? What happened?

ReputationRep:
    Get what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by melissasattack)
    The offer/place, I'm assuming :P
    Yup, this.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing cliff hanger

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got a place yet. I didn't call cos it's expensive. I sent admissions an email instead, they said they'd get back to me soon. They're really busy atm, got alot of applications to process with courses starting next month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Check my PM, samzy21. Don't worry, like I said there's lots of places out there that will take you if BCU don't.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got a place yet. I didn't call cos it's expensive. I sent admissions an email instead, they said they'd get back to me soon. They're really busy atm, got alot of applications to process with courses starting next month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    don't wait up.
    I lost my place at wolverhampton last year just like that.
    Some moronic staff member sent me an email I got a place. The email even had a student code.
    However I still had to fill in a form or something and failed to mention.
    I didn't call them or get in contact, when they didn't respond I began to get wary. I called them 3 weeks before 5 OCtobre (which was the beginning date)
    They said I failed to complete the form and therefore lost my place and they were really ''sorry''.
    Call them, and keep track *every step of the way*.
    Sorry my bitterness is showing.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you send us a DM with your full name and details of the course you applied for please? I will try to chase this up with admissions for you.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You want to go to university? You aren't using the standard UCAS route, so you have made a saving there. I appreciate that money can be tight, but expecting a busy admissions department to prioritise your email amongst many others when they have given you a 24 hour deadline to respond is.... at best.... casual.

I think Birmingham City University is going beyond the call of duty here. If you really want that place you need to get on the phone and take this a great deal more seriously. You will need to complete the paperwork for the Record of Prior Acceptance route, if your place is still on offer. If not, you can expect to have to pay the full UCAS fee to make use of Clearing. Not all unis use the RPA process - why should they? It is far easier for them to use the UCAS system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birmingham City University)
    Could you send us a DM with your full name and details of the course you applied for please? I will try to chase this up with admissions for you.
    Thanks, I've sent you a DM

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.