Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've got some blackheads on my nose, and i dont know how to get rid of it, i was my face 3 times a day thoroughly. But it doesnt come off

any advice

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    bump

is there any advice on here????

its urgent!!

ReputationRep:
    Hot water... as hot as your hands can take... get a flannel... drench with water... ring out... place over face.

You should see all the pores on your face immediately open up... then with your idex finger on both hands... squeeze the blackheads out!

Repeat it everyday?

I hope that works for you.

ReputationRep:
    Use a gentle exfoliator, that should get rid of them

You shouldnt really squeeze blackheads as they can scar, especially if they bleed

ReputationRep:
    If you do squeeze them, make sure you get everything out, otherwise they can come back with a vengence.

ReputationRep:
    I have a couple of AWFUL scar (pitholes) on my nose from blackheads its really depressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateEyes)
    I have a couple of AWFUL scar (pitholes) on my nose from blackheads its really depressing
    really? iam sure there cant be permanent scars through

ReputationRep:
    Im the same, Ive got quite bad scarring on my chin from squeezing blackheads, which is why I would never recommend that anyone else do it

ReputationRep:
    can blackheads ever be removed naturally?

that is by cleaning ur face properly and eating lots of healthy food ie fruits?

ReputationRep:
    How is this urgent??

Anyway, I've found that Simple's Facial Wash Gel works really well. Use it with hot water to wash your face, then rinse with cold water and dry with a clean towel.

ReputationRep:
    i find using clean and clear's exfoliating daily wash with cold water works really well.

and keep your hands off your face!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federer Rulz)
    really? iam sure there cant be permanent scars through
    They're scars. That would make them permanent

My nose and upper lip are the worst. The holes where the blackheads came out just never healed. It really knocks my confidence sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateEyes)
    They're scars. That would make them permanent

My nose and upper lip are the worst. The holes where the blackheads came out just never healed. It really knocks my confidence sometimes
    scars fade

ReputationRep:
    Just a question, I dont have many blackheads ATM. Some on my nose, but not that bad.

What are blackheads? Why do they appear?

Just wanted to know.

:-)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eponymous)
    scars fade
    I know, I have quite a few battle scars

It's kinda hard to explain. I've had these 'holes' for lack of a better word for years now, they just don't close up! In some places its like my pores have ripped or expanded.

I'm seriously considering seeing my GP or asking at the pharmacy because my skin is breakout city and any more pitholes or scars will have an effect on my confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Just a question, I dont have many blackheads ATM. Some on my nose, but not that bad.

What are blackheads? Why do they appear?
    Basically when dead skin, dirt and sebum get trapped in your pores and undergoes oxidation in the air (this turns them black)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eponymous)
    scars fade
    They dont always fade though- I have acne scars on my chin that Ive had since I was 14/15, and Im 23 now, and they are still really noticeable

The best solution is to never squeeze or mess with acne/blackheads to start off with, then you wouldnt have to worry about scars anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have blackheads all over my nose, a little on my cheeks just next to my nose, and some on my chin.

I've been squeezing at them for a few years now but they always just come back again.
    I think I've squeezed them too much to be honest. I always make my face red and blotchy.

I think I've just about given up with them *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Hey. You should try these tips. Firstly wash off all akeup and dirt with a gentle clenser.
    1. Fill a sink or tup full of hot water.
    2. Place your head over the water a a towel over you head
    3. Stay like this for a few minutes to open pores
    4. Now you can use a face mask or a exfoliant specifacaly made for blackheads.
    5. Wash off
    6. Apply a light moisturiser
    Hope i helped and good luck

ReputationRep:
    You know what, I saw in the Body Shop they had this metal apparatus thingie which was specifically designed to coax out blackheads or something. :eek: :puke: I have never squeezed spots, does not appeal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.